Staff Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist
Requisition ID: R10127059
- Category: Global Supply Chain
- Location: Linthicum, Maryland, United States of America | Unknown City, District of Columbia, United States of America | Unknown City, Delaware, United States of America | Unknown City, Maryland, United States of America | Unknown City, New Jersey, United States of America | Bethpage, New York, United States of America | Unknown City, New York, United States of America | Unknown City, Pennsylvania, United States of America | Unknown City, Virginia, United States of America+ 8 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes- May Consider Full Time Teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Put your skills to the test by pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector Global Supply Chain team supporting advanced technologies within the Airborne Surveillance organization is seeking a Staff Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist to join our growing team of diverse professionals.
Successful candidate has strong problem-solving skills leading to innovative solutions, analytical and detailed oriented, and experienced in establishing strategic solutions. Successful leading teams. Resilient when working multiple tasks and able to efficiently prioritize, work independently as needed. Expert leading, coordinating, and managing major program proposal efforts and/or large existing production/sustainment program(s) with multiple major subcontract efforts and support team of junior/senior subcontract administrators and leading supplier status, end of life, and negotiation efforts to meet program schedule and requirements.
An expert and one of the prime consultants in Global Supply Chain, the individual shall also be self-initiated, virtually self-supervisory, able to coordinate internal/external cross functional collaboration and analyze unusually complex Division level and long-range goals/objectives or program requirements/assignments, develop advanced concepts and techniques, and lead/coordinate and manage innovative solutions which may serve as precedent for future decisions. This capability requires advanced knowledge and successful experience in Global Supply Chain and subcontract management including proposal management, identification of strategic/key suppliers, evaluation of specifications/work statements, conducts bidder conferences, planning, program launch, analysis and evaluation of supplier proposals, risk analysis, procurement/subcontracting, advanced supplier agreements and (price, schedule, provisions, terms and conditions) negotiation techniques, compliant placement of major subcontract awards, formal contractual correspondence, administration of major subcontracts through program execution, supplier/program meetings, quality, sustainment, supplier payment, and contract closeout to ensure compliance with all public law requirements, FAR/DFARS regulations, as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations. Collaborates with key stakeholders, i.e., Program Management, Contracts, Engineering, Quality, Supplier’s Management, Planning, Operations, and potentially with Senior Management and our Customer. Identifies strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, risk, and efficiencies prior to and during program execution, i.e., effectively support NAR/ICE, knowledge of significant industry and market trends, and ability to manage program/supplier impacts. Ability to effectively communicate at all levels including internal and external executive management.
Mentor junior SCAs as assigned. Lead Business Unit compliance senior peer review process and assignments, conduct senior worker reviews, analyze/coordinate/evaluate Business Unit peer review and PACE compliance results with senior peer reviewers to identify compliance trends and topics requiring further training/emphasis, and coordinate/initiate and prepare information knowledge sharing sessions, and training. Lead continuous improvement initiatives such as Lean Six Sigma; identification of opportunities for enhanced efficiencies; manage risk through strategic and targeted negotiations; and support compliance strategies and initiatives.
Exemplifies Northrop Grumman Leadership Characteristics.
While this position shall be based in Baltimor, MD area it may be worked in Baltimore, MD; Bethpage, NY, or remotely, within proximity of these NGMS locations.
- Bachelor’s degree with 15+ years procurement, contracts, subcontracts, or related field work experience; or Master’s degree with 13+ years procurement, contracts, subcontracts, or related field work experience.
- Working knowledge of SAP/1ERP or related business application software as well as Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel & PowerPoint).
- The successful candidate will possess strong leadership and mentoring capabilities of junior SCAs in addition to strong communication, writing, and presentation skills directed to all levels of internal/external management.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and/or accomplishing those simultaneously.
- Must be US citizen and be eligible to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- US Citizenship required.
- Master’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Finance, or Industrial Engineering.
- The successful candidate will have experience with complex and competitive subcontracts for both U.S. Government and Commercial and multiple contracting formats, including Firm Fixed Price and Cost Reimbursable, possess knowledge relating to special payment provisions (i.e., progress or performance-based payments).
- Lead the evaluation of customer RFP's and ability to collaborate with the program/planning team to develop subcontract RFP's that include Statements of Work, Technical/Quality Specifications, Deliverable Requirements List and Schedules, Performance Assessment Requirements, Terms and Conditions, Proposal Preparation and Pricing Requirements/Templates, Compliance Matrices, and supplier profiles.
- Lead/mentor other SCAs with the preparation of supplier agreements (i.e., Teaming Agreements, Memorandums of Agreements, Long Term Pricing Agreements, etc.), conduct analysis and evaluation of subcontractor proposals/bidder conferences, negotiate deviations from work statements, schedule, and/or terms and conditions, while working closely with the Program Management team to ensure program requirements are met (cost/schedule/address any risk), negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes compliant subcontract awards with justifications and documentation to support internal and external audits, and manages/provides oversight/administers resulting subcontracts.
- Lead, guide, mentor, train, coach, and review subcontract packages from either peer or junior Subcontracts Administrators.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.