Sr Principal Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist
Requisition ID: R10125688
- Category: Global Supply Chain
- Location: Corinne, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
LMDS has an opening for a Senior Principal Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is in Chandler, Arizona.
Northrop Grumman Propulsion Systems (PS) is built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable, and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success.
Job will be filled at higher or lower level depending on experience.
- Manages and develops strategic/key suppliers.
- Manages performance of subcontracts, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations.
- In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules.
- Coordinates and collaborates with key stakeholders such as contracts, engineering, quality, supplier development, planning, operations, program and end-users.
- Identifies strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency, and manage risk through strategic and targeted negotiations.
- Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation and warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded.
- Forecasts, reviews, and approves supplier payment as needed.
- Candidate will attend program meetings and may be required to present to groups. Must be able to work independently and have strong organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of relevant experience in subcontracts, contracts, or business/project management (4+ years with master’s degree). Or, in lieu of a degree, 10+ years of relevant experience in subcontracts.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Demonstrated interpersonal and people leadership skills; ability to leverage professional relationships.
- Proven multitasking ability; resilience when faced with multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
- Knowledge of the government acquisition process with a strong knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and agency supplements, such as Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARS), NASA
- Master’s degree in supply chain, business, or finance preferred.
- Negotiation skills and experience with high-dollar contracts.
- Self-Starter with problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented, strategic thinking, and analytical.
- Ability to mentor other subcontract professionals of varying levels of experience.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.