Principal Supply Chain Subcontracts Specialist
Requisition ID: R10105397
- Category: Global Supply Chain
- Location: Northridge, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Principal Supply Chain Subcontracts Specialist at our Northridge, CA. location.
Your responsibilities will encompass the preparation of RFP packages and execution of subcontracts while ensuring compliance to company policies and procedures. You will apply your understanding of the buyer and the seller roles in establishing mutually successful business arrangements, with experiences in statements of work and solicitations/bid packages, proposal evaluation, price and term negotiations, development of contractual documentation and post award administration. You will use your ability to make sound decisions in a timely manner, display strong interpersonal skills, and have an agile perspective of compliance protocol mandated by regulated industry.
Within the GSC organization the candidate will support cross-functional departments and perform activities in a variety of areas including but not limited to proposal development, negotiations, financial planning, subcontract execution/award, and customer service. Ideal candidates are generally experienced in multiple areas of the procurement or contractual function(s), developing business relationships, and demonstrating an affinity for working with, or understanding the Aerospace Industry.
You will be responsible for executing major subcontract activities and providing contractual support and documentation to suppliers, and Internal Work Orders, in support of Major Component & Spares programs; while ensuring compliance to company policies and procedures. The Subcontracts Specialist will coordinate and collaborate with key stakeholders such as contracts, engineering, quality, supplier development, planning, operations, program and end-users.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent (GED) with at least 10 years of relevant experience; will consider 6 years of relevant experience with bachelor’s degree or 4 years of relevant experience with Master’s
- Solid understanding of procurement principles, policies, procedures, and regulations
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment, ability to multi-task, make decisions in a timely manner and display strong interpersonal skills
- Solid knowledge of FAR/DFARS and associated Federal Contracting regulations
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with myriad levels of the organization including but not limited to developing and delivering to sector, division, business unit and Customer Leadership
- Ability to maintain high level of confidence in the areas of supply chain management
- Must be able to obtain and hold a Secret clearance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, critical thinking and innovative behaviors in past projects, roles or experiences
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Demonstrated experience with multiple contracting formats, including Firm Fixed Price and/or Cost Reimbursable
- Familiarity with terms and conditions, and/or special contract clauses/types such as: long term agreements and intellectual property agreements
- Demonstrated negotiation experience
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.