Principal Supply Chain Subcontracts Specialists (San Diego, CA, Roy, UT or Huntsville, AL) 10713
Requisition ID: R10117129
- Category: Global Supply Chain
- Location: San Diego, California, United States of America | Huntsville, Alabama, United States of America | Roy, Utah, United States of America+ 2 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking Principal Supply Chain Subcontracts Specialists. These positions are in support of the Sentinel Program aka Ground-Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Engineering and Manufacturing Development (EMD) contract.
We are hiring for the following locations:
- San Diego, CA
- Roy, UT
- Huntsville, AL
The purpose of the GBSD Program is to replace the current ICBM system, including the weapon systems command and control; flight, launch and ground systems; and cyber elements. The selected candidates will negotiate with both large businesses and small businesses on a variety of complex-type contracts including cost-plus-incentive-fee type.
- Collaborates on subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and/or services.
- Owns contractual management for the supplier. Responsible for source selection from contract proposal to execution phases.
- Coordinates and collaborates with key stakeholders such as contracts, engineering, quality, supplier development, planning, operations, program and end-users.
- Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders conferences, analyzes, and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards, and administers resulting subcontracts.
- In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules.
- Manages performance of subcontracts, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations.
- Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded.
- Manages and develops strategic/key suppliers.
- Forecasts, reviews, and approves supplier payment as needed.
- Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
Hybrid Work for all Locations – 3 Days In Plant weekly with a 9/80 work schedule.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of relevant experience in subcontracts, contracts, or business/project management. Or, in lieu of a degree, 10+ years of relevant experience in subcontracts
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance
- Master's degree in Supply Chain, Business, or Finance preferred.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience with SAP
- Change Management experience
- Negotiation skills and experience with contracts >$100M
- Experience in supporting different contract types including cost types and all aspects of contract management from contract award through contract closeout.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.