Manager Subcontracts 2
Requisition ID: R10124860
- Category: Global Supply Chain
- Location: San Diego, California, United States of America | El Segundo, California, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Manager, Subcontracts 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within our Global Supply Chain organization. This leadership role is located onsite in Rancho Bernardo, CA or El Segundo, CA (full-time on-site).
We offer flexible work arrangements, 9/80* work schedule with every other Friday off, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
Responsible for leading a Subcontracts Team, which includes approximately five to seven Subcontract Specialists, who direct and manage the cost, schedule, and performance requirements of their subcontracts. The Manager will be responsible for and act as the main focal point to the Program for all Major Subcontract related activities within their portfolio, escalating issues to Supplier Senior Level management as needed, brief internal executive management and the Customer on the status/issues affecting performance or cost, and conduct program reviews with the Subcontractor and Program Office. It is the Manager’s job to ensure all portfolio Subcontracts are meeting Customer, Program, and Company needs.
The manager will further be responsible for managing the personnel on their team – coaching, growing, guiding, and enriching their careers as they manage their subcontracts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- All phases of the Subcontract from initiation of the business case for make or buy decisions, market research, single/sole source determinations, request for proposals, commercial item determinations, source selection decision, proposal evaluations, negotiation strategy, awarding subcontracts, and execution of technical, cost and performance requirements.
- Coordinates and collaborates with key partners such as contracts, engineering, quality, supplier development, planning, operations, program and end-users.
- Manages preparation of bid packages, supports bidders’ conferences, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards, and administers resulting subcontracts.
- In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules.
- Identifies strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through strategic and targeted negotiations.
- Manages performance of the portfolio, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations.
- Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities.
- Manages and develops strategic/key suppliers.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree with at least 5-years of experience, or a Master’s degree with at least 3-years of experience (High School Diploma/Equivalency with 9-years’ of experience in lieu of degree) combined experience in any of the following: Subcontracts Management, Procurement, Program Management, or Contracts Management
- Must have experience with SAP or related purchasing software
- Must have experience in Subcontract Management responsibality
- Must have experience conducting oral presentations to executive leadership
- Must have leadership experience – Manager or Team Lead experience is acceptable
- Must have ability to obtain a DOD Secret Security Clearance
- Master Degree in Business, Global Supply Chain or Project Management
- Experience with FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations) and DFAR
- Experience working on high dollar development Subcontracts (i.e. $100M Cost Reimbursable Preferred)
- Significant experience conducting oral presentations to senior leadership
- Active, In-Scope DOD Secret Security Clearance or higher that has been granted / renewed within the past 5 years
- Internal Northrop Grumman Subcontracts experience
- 10 years of DoD Subcontract Management Experience
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Previous CAM Experience or Training
- Special Program Access
- Risk mitigation experience
- Negotiating skills with contract in excess of $100 million
- Change Management experience
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.