Sr Principal Supply Chain Planning Specialist
Requisition ID: R10127702
- Category: Global Supply Chain
- Location: Sunnyvale, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Marine Systems is seeking a Senior Principal Supply Chain Planning Specialist to join our team to support of the portfolio of Conventional Prompt Strike, Launch System programs, to manage supply chain program activities. This position can be on-site or hybrid, working in our Sunnyvale, CA facility.
Job functions may include but are not limited to:
Ensuring consistent Material Finance reporting
Responsible for forecasting and driving monthly Material Receipt
Responsible for working with Global Supply Chain, Engineering, Operations, Integrated Program Teams, and Program Office to forecast material costs.
Responsible for creating a material baseline and working with Business Management to meet monthly Earned Value requirements, variance reporting, and Rout cause and corrective actions.
Responsible for providing Monthly Current Material Estimates at completions (CME's)
Analyzes and aggregates supply/demand requirements
Responsible for the assessment of supply resources; aggregates and prioritizes demand requirements; plans inventory, distribution requirements, production, material and rough-cut capacity for all products
Participates in make/buy process, long-term capacity and resource planning; product phase-in/phase-out, manufacturing ramp-up, end-of-life management and product-line management
Analyzes and aggregates supply / demand requirements
Analyzes purchase material supply/demand position using Material Requirements Planning (MRP) tools
Participates in long-term capacity and resource planning to ensure proper scheduling of new product line phase-ins as well as existing product line phase-outs
Interface with internal and external stakeholders to understand Lead Times and drive schedule to ensure material availability by actively resolving technical and strategic issues
Analyzes lead times and identify critical path procurements in advance of demand creation
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of supply chain and/or business management experience or a Master’s Degree and 8+ years of supply chain and/or business management experience
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- The ability to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Clearance is preferred
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite with expertise in MS Excel
- Demonstrate success in managing complex issues/problems related to program execution
- Proficient in the use of SAP
- Supplier Management
- Program or Project Management
- Earned Value Management
- Forecasting and Variance Analysis
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.