Principal Supply Chain Planning Specialist
Requisition ID: R10126996
- Category: Global Supply Chain
- Location: Elkridge, Maryland, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is looking for a Principal Supply Chain Planning Specialist to join our team in Elkridge, MD.
Defines and develops material strategy. Responsible for the assessment of supply resources; aggregates and prioritizes demand requirements; plans inventory, distribution requirements, production, and material. Participates in make/buy process, proposal support, long-term capacity and resource planning; product phase-in/phase-out, manufacturing ramp-up, end-of-life management and product-line management. Analyzes purchase material supply/demand position using Material Requirements Planning (MRP) tools. Plans inventory levels based on dependent and independent Bill-of-Materials (BOM) requirements. Assesses rough-cut capacity for current and short-term manufacturing requirements. Creates supply requirements based on inventory adjustments. Interfaces with Source process area regarding inventory levels, working capital and other areas as needed. Creates/releases requisitions. Receives/reviews requirements for non-standard parts. Analyzes lead times and identifies critical path procurements. Works closely with GSC support functional organizations, such as MRP, Supplier Performance Mgmt, and Category Mgmt. Engages with GSC adjacent activities such as Sentinels, VMDA, Non-Receivables, and Accounts Payable.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience (e.g. cost account management, supplier financial reporting/forecasting and supplier/program/product scheduling) or 4 years of relevant experience with a Master’s degree
- High level of proficiency in MS Office suite and SAP.
- Previous experience in Supply Chain, Operations, Business Mgmt, or Financial Planning
- Experience in Federal and Defense contracting requirements including ITAR, DOS licenses, FAR and DFARS
- Experience with International Programs and Suppliers, Import/Export requirements
- Ability to be agile and work in a fast paced engineering environment
- Ability to work in a team environment while also being able to work independently with limited oversight
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.