Sr. Principal Supply Chain Planning Specialist
Requisition ID: R10127336
- Category: Global Supply Chain
- Location: Linthicum, Maryland, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a dedicated Supply Chain Planning Specialist to join our team in Baltimore, MD.
This role provides a fantastic opportunity to join the Mechanical Category Management (MCM) Team in the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) Global Supply Chain (GSC) Organization. Position is supplier facing focused and shall have responsibilities to coordinate and execute on supplier management tasks within the larger category team. Candidate shall have responsibility to organize activities, status and report on various supplier related tasks. This role will require periodic travel to support supplier visits and meetings with their ownership/leadership for the benefit of the category and programs. Position shall include responsibility for tasks pertaining to management of suppliers within the mechanical portfolio.
Specific duties for this role include:
- Provide status and discuss emerging issues with program supply chain personnel. Provide milestone plans as necessary
- Socialize performance Scorecards with suppliers. Discuss trends and Return to Green (RTG) plans with suppliers
- Socialize new upcoming programs and forecasts with suppliers
- Promote supplier capital investment based on forecast opportunity
- Responsible to facilitate Technical Data Package (TDP) reviews between Northrop Grumman Engineering and supplier
- Serve as Program Liaison to supply base. Investigate and resolve issues regarding open purchase orders
- Facilitate meetings with supplier, technical community and programs
- Facilitate supplier requests for drawing action
- Ensure supplier accountability (reservation of rights letters, etc.) when required
- Support sourcing direction (Capacity assessment, Supplier Performance Management (SPM) metrics and issues, Risk & Opportunity)
- Responsible for generation and upkeep of Supplier Management Plans and risk mitigation issues for key suppliers
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10+ years of relevant experience in supply chain operations, business management and/or mechanical, industrial or manufacturing engineering; OR Master’s Degree with 8+ years of relevant experience in supply chain operations, business management and/or mechanical, industrial or manufacturing engineering; OR high school diploma with 14+ years of relevant experience in supply chain operations, business management and/or mechanical, industrial or manufacturing engineering.
- Prior roles that are relevant to the supply chain, business management, mechanical procurement, mechanical engineering, or manufacturing
- History with external supply base
- Knowledge related processes and tools affiliated with function (SAP, PDM) and Microsoft suite.
- Should have familiarity with mechanical fabrication methods and hardware product development
- Experience with Vacuum Braze and Additive Manufacturing processes is a plus
- Successful candidate shall be a self-starter and able to set priorities and multi-task assignments.
- Must have resident skills to effectively communicate and have superior organization skills.
- Must be able to work as part of a success-oriented team and collaborate within the Global Supply Chain (GSC), Program and other stakeholder teams.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.