Principal Supply Chain Planning Analyst
Requisition ID: R10130158
- Category: Global Supply Chain
- Location: Clearfield, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems is seeking a Supply Chain Planning Specialist (level 3) to provide support to our team in our Clearfield, Utah location.
In this position a candidate will:
- Defines and develops material strategy.
- Responsible for the assessment of supply resources; aggregates and prioritizes demand requirements; plans inventory, distribution requirements, production, material and rough-cut capacity for all products.
- Participates in make/buy process, long-term capacity and resource planning; product phase-in/phase-out, manufacturing ramp-up, end-of-life management and product-line management.
- Analyzes and aggregates supply / demand requirements.
- Analyzes purchase material supply/demand position using Material Requirements Planning (MRP) tools.
- Plans inventory levels based on dependent and independent Bill-of-Materials (BOM) requirements.
- Assesses rough-cut capacity for current and short-term manufacturing requirements.
- Creates/reduces supply requirements based on inventory adjustments.
- Participates in long-term capacity and resource planning to ensure proper scheduling of new product line phase-ins as well as existing product line phase-outs.
- Interfaces with Source process area regarding inventory levels, working capital and other areas as needed. Creates/releases requisitions.
- Receives/reviews requirements for non-standard parts. Analyzes lead times and identifies critical path procurements.
Supply Chain Planning Specialist (Level 3):
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited university and 6 years of supply chain, material planning, or closely related experience; OR a master's degree and 4 years of supply chain, material planning, or closely related experience
- Experience with SAP or similar ERP system
- Currently have or be able to obtain DoD security clearance
- Ability to obtain Special Program Access
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience managing suppliers through the following: cost/schedule/quality.
- Proficient in using Costpoint/MRP systems for material and finance data analysis.
- Experience with Critical Path Management, FAR and DFAR.
- Configuration Control Board experience and evaluating and calculating effectivity starting and ending dates is a plus.
What We Offer:
At Northrop Grumman, we are on the cutting edge of innovation-- building the next generation of sophisticated aircraft to protect our country. Our diverse portfolio of programs means there are endless paths to cultivate your career. We are well-known for our inclusive, family environment, phenomenal learning opportunities, and exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers. We also offer exceptional benefits/healthcare, a great 401K matching program, and 14 Employee Resource Groups inclusive of all employees!
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.