Manager, HR Business Partner 3
Requisition ID: R10114655
- Category: Human Resources
- Location: Plymouth, Minnesota, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Put your skills to the test by pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. From global defense to sustainment and modernization to mission readiness, your experience and ability will make it a reality. Our programs are built on equal parts of curiosity and collaboration. Our combined effort means our customers can connect and defend millions of people around the world. With Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the opportunity to be an essential part of projects that will define your career, now and in the future.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems Sector (DS) is seeking a Manager, HR Business Partner 3 to join our Armament Systems Business Unit. This position is based Plymouth, Minnesota. This position supports employees in Plymouth, MN, Independence, MO and Mesa, AZ facilities. The selected candidate will manage a team of HR Business Partners in addition to the following duties:
- Delivery of human capital strategy to the assigned client groups while growing the team and developing the next generation of HR leaders
- Establish intimate understanding of the business, build and expand relationship with clients and create close partnerships across HR, centers of excellence (COEs) and matrixed organizations
- Support and partner with HR colleagues in talent acquisition; compensation; benefits; employee relations; diversity, equity & inclusion; and organizational effectiveness to support talent strategies
- Identify trends, risks, and opportunities within the organization and develop solutions in partnership with division and COEs
- Advise leadership on best practices in the areas of talent acquisition, development, compensation, organizational effectiveness, strategy, change management, and communications
- Analyze and concisely present information to the management team to support and enable business growth and sound decision making
- Provide business insight through data analysis, research, and benchmarking
- Play a key leadership role in reinforcing a culture of growth, innovation, and calculated risk taking through the application of human capital strategy, tools, and processes
- Focus on comprehensive Leadership Development activities including succession planning and strategic leadership to build talent pipeline and depth
- Support and enable leaders to make informed decisions about talent and to hold their organizations accountable for results
- High School degree with a minimum of 14 years of experience in Human Resources, OR Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of experience in Human Resources, OR Masters with a minimum 8 years of experience in Human Resources
- Demonstrated success in the application of HR principles, concepts, policies, and practice
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with and influence others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Keen ability to influence, coach, and consult with senior executive management
- Proven ability to support cross-functional projects to completion including organizing, planning, scheduling, and following up on project related items
- Experience with labor relations/union contract negotiations
- Proficiency with HRIS platforms and technology (Workday, Confluence, SharePoint)
- Experience working in a matrix environment
- Previous experience in Aerospace & Defense and/or government contracting
- Experience leading a team as a Human Resources Manager responsible for multiple HR disciplines
- Ability to navigate cultural and business nuances/sensitivities to promote top performance and employee engagement and inclusion
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.