Manager Training 1
Requisition ID: R10129130
- Category: Human Resources
- Location: Iuka, Mississippi, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems sector is seeking a Manager Training 1 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals that supports our Manufactuing and Production organization. This position is an onsite position, located in Iuka, MS.
In this exciting role, you will help to lead and improve technical training to drive greater output of our operations team. Provide hands on training to develop skills and abilities that will translate to shorter time to efficiency for new hires and new processes. We strive to build a diverse, inclusive, and talented workforce who will contribute to the Company’s vision, mission, and goals.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing our Aeronautics System Training for Advanced Refinement (ASTAR) function for our Iuka, MS site. In this exciting role, you will create curriculum, develop training techniques, and partner with site leaders to enhance the learning experience and retention.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing training content, systems, conducting classroom and self-paced learning, and providing practical instruction in support of safe work practices, skill development, and process ownership according to established procedures. Responsible for analyzing current operating problems and future operating requirements to identify training needs and develop training programs. The candidate who is selected must have technical writing and strong verbal communication skills to be able to communicate with a variety of learners as well as program leadership.
- Lead and coach the location specific training staff
- Manages certifications and validation of effective training
- Develop training curriculum as needed for new challenges in manufacturing
- Guide the on the job training process to train and coach new and existing employees on job-specific topics, work instructions, and quality
- Develops training metrics to demonstrate the impact to the site
- Assure all new employees receive necessary training to perform assigned jobs safely and according to position responsibilities (certifications)
- Build training schedule driving optimal use of training center
- Partner with Operations to ensure training matrices are maintained for each work cell and employee – train as needed when employees move to different roles
- Assist in on-boarding of new employees by leading tours and distributing and train on PPE use
- Customer-oriented team player who can partner with leaders of all levels in the business to influence good outcomes
- Ability to work various shifts and hours. Ability to travel to other facilities.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and you model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You develop trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement, and respond vigorously to change.
- Bachelors Degree with 3 years of relevant manufacturing experience, operations management or training experience, Masters Degree with 1 year of manufacturing experience, operations management or training experience, OR High School Diploma/ G.E.D plus 7 years of manufacturing experience, operations management or training experience in lieu of a degree
- Experience leading technical training in a manufacturing environment with familiarity with training systems or programs
- Experience in analyzing, designing, and developing training curriculum to meet business needs
- Microsoft Office Suite Experience (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Clearance as well as Program Special access within a reasonable period of time, as determined by the company to meet its business needs. (US Citizenship Required)
- Active DOD secret clearance with an investigation date/periodic review within the last 6 years
- Experience in Aerospace / Aviation
- Previous leadership experience
- Knowledge and navigation of Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Experience with creating metrics to demonstrate efficiency and effect of training programs
- Experience leading a high performing team through development, coaching, and challenging tasks to increase capability and performance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.