Sr Principal Program Cost, Schedule, Control Analyst
Requisition ID: R10047079
- Category: Business Management
- Location: Huntsville, AL, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems sector is seeking a Sr Principal Program Cost, Schedule, and Control Analyst to support the IBCS Program as part of the Multi Domain Command, Control, Communications (MDC3) Operating Unit within our Business Management organization on-site in Huntsville, Alabama.
The Sr Principal Program Cost Schedule & Control Analyst will interact with various operating unit, business area, and division staff to solve reporting program issues and meet reporting requirements. In addition, the Analyst will interface with program managers, functional management, control account managers (CAMS) and business managers to provide financial support and analysis.
· Provides guidance on policies and procedures
· Sets up the cost control system and monitors and controls costs on contracts
· Performs analyses and prepares reports to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines
· Prepares budgets for contract work and performs or assists in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis
· Prepares program plans to ensure program requirements and statement of work are captured and scheduled
· Ensures adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government
· Incorporates contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines
· Interfaces with program and functional management to provide financial support and analysis to meet program requirements
· Participates in knowledge transfer and best practices sharing with peers
· Assists in preparing for internal and external audits
Creates and provides the following to program management teams:
· Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
· Program Baseline
· Performance measurement (Earned Value Management – EVM)
· Variance analysis
· Estimates to Complete (ETC) and Estimates at Complete (EAC)
· Creates “what-if” scenarios
· High school diploma or GED with a minimum of 14 years of business, finance, and/or program control experience, OR Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline with a minimum of 10 years of business, finance, and/or program control experience, OR Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline with a minimum of 8 years of business, finance, and/or program control experience
· Strong computer skills with high-level Excel skills, specifically the ability to insert pivot tables, Vlookup, and conditional formatting
· Experience with Earned Value Management and/or EVMS Software
· Must be able to work on-site in Huntsville, Alabama
· Must be able to travel as required (up to 10% of the time)
· Must have or be able to obtain and maintain an Active U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance
· Experience with Deltek Cobra and/or SAP
· Defense Industry Experience
· Demonstrated ability to prepare and analyze data and figures
· Prior program cost control experience
· Prior financial analysis and/or reporting experience
· Active DoD Secret security clearance
· Experience with multiple contract types
· Experience with large material procurements and subcontracting
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia