Cyber /Principal Cyber Systems Engineer-AHT
Requisition ID: R10118995
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Huntsville, Alabama, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Any (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 2
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
The candidate will perform cyber system security engineering activities supporting all phases of systems development in the areas of Cybersecurity/Systems Security Engineering, and Assessment and Authorization (A&A) as per Risk Management Framework (RMF) for later determined program. Specific job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
This position is contingent upon program placement.
- Support system security requirements, architecture, design, development, evaluation, certification, and accreditation.
- Work with Product Teams in support of secure operating systems, applications, networks, hardware, databases, etc.
- Conduct scheduled maintenance i.e., patch management.
- Perform vulnerability scans and mitigate findings.
- Implement Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Work on multiple simultaneous tasks.
- Apply risk management concepts to mitigate vulnerabilities in security architectures.
- Preparation of ATO artifacts to include baselines, SOP, SSP, RAR, and POA&M.
- Perform routine systems administrator tasks i.e., password resets, responding to helpdesk tickets, etc.
- Current DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification (i.e., Security+, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Risk Management Framework in a Defense and Counterintelligence Security Agency (DCSA) accredited environment.
- Ability to work towards obtaining and maintaining ATOs
- Experience with implementing STIGs and tracking non-compliance on Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M)
- Understanding of Patch Management leveraging tools such as Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and Red Hat Satellite.
- Knowledge of Vulnerability Management utilizing tools such as Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)/Tenable.sc
- Level 2: Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience, or master’s degree and 0 years of experience.
- Level 3: Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related experience; 3 years of related experience with a master’s degree.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math)
- Additional Operating System Environment Certifications i.e., (Linux+, RHCSA, Net+, CCNA, VMware Certified, etc.)
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansible
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.