Staff Cyber Information Systems Security Analyst
Requisition ID: R10094363
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: El Segundo, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Information Systems Security Leaders, We Want You!
Cyber assets everywhere are under siege from a wide spectrum of threats. Almost daily, these threats grow in sophistication, breadth and speed.
At Northrop Grumman, we take a holistic approach to cybersecurity, looking at the whole cyber landscape of people, processes and technology and the whole security realm of offense, defense, and exploitation. Thought leadership demands nothing less.
If you are an expert with classified computers within the Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community computing environments, Northrop Grumman Corporation has fantastic opportunities for your career growth.
We are seeking an experienced Staff Cyber Information Systems ecurity Analyst at our El Segundo, CA location to support classified information systems lifecycle activities.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and train a team of Information Systems Security Managers (ISSMs) and Information Systems Security Officers (ISSOs).
- Interface with internal and external customers at all levels, and will be required to interpret and provide guidance on company and customer cybersecurity related governance documents.
- Perform assessments of systems and networks within the networking environment or enclave and identify where those systems and networks deviate from acceptable configurations, enclave policy, or local policy. This is achieved through passive evaluations such as compliance audits and active evaluations such as vulnerability assessments.
- Establishes strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and supports obtaining certification and accreditation of systems. Includes support of process, analysis, coordination, security certification test, security documentation, as well as investigations, software research, hardware introduction and release, emerging technology research inspections and periodic audits.
- Implement the required government RMF policy (i.e. ICD 503, JSIG), make recommendations on process tailoring, participate in and document process activities.
- Perform analyses to validate established security controls and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Support the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results and preparation of required reports.
- Coordinate all associated Assessment and Authorization activities, which includes all RMF Body Of Evidence (BOE) documentation: System Security Plan (SSP), Security Controls Traceability Matrix (SCTM), Control Family Security Operating Plans (SOPs), Continuous Monitoring (ConMon) Plan, Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M), etc…
- Ensure recurring cybersecurity SOW is completed to include auditing, configuration management, user training, POA&M updates, ConMon checklists, Self-Inspections, etc…
If you are ready to solve complex problems in a dynamic environment, apply today!
- Bachelor’s degree and 14 years of experience; OR a Master’s degree and 12 years of experience is required
- Minimum 10 years of experience performing information systems security duties
- Must have a DoD 8570 IAM Level III Certification (examples: CCISO, CISSP, CISM, or GSLC)
- Candidates must have a current DoD Top Secret clearance, to include a closed investigation date completed within the last 6 years OR must be currently enrolled in the DoD Continuous Evaluation Program (CEP), in order to be considered
- Must have the ability to obtain, and maintain, access to Special Programs as a condition of continued employment
- The ideal candidate will have a Master’s degree in Cybersecurity, a CISSP, and 12 years of ISSO experience in a classified environment
- Extensive experience with JSIG and DCID 503
- Prior experience leading a team of ISSM/ISSOs
- Working knowledge of ACAS or NESSUS, SCAP, DISA STIGs, Splunk
- Current SAP/SAR access level
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.