Senior Staff Cyber Systems Engineer (Lead Cybersecurity/Anti-Tamper Engineer) w/ Active Clearance
Requisition ID: R10098077
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Northridge, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
We are currently seeking a Senior Staff Systems Security Engineer (Lead Cybersecurity/Anti-Tamper Engineer) w/ Active Clearance to work with our talented Advanced Weapons team onsite in Northridge, California.
As an integral part of our multi-discipline engineering team in Advanced Weapons, you will be on the forefront of developing next generation solutions to protect technology for our nation’s warfighter. The ideal candidate will support one of our Advanced Programs as the lead for defining and architecting a secured missile weapon system. This position will require close collaboration with team members of other projects within the organization for security architecture designs as well as external partners and customers.
In this role, the selected candidate will (but not be limited to):
- Lead a technical team responsible for providing analysis, development, implementation, and security assessments to ensure compliance with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication (SP) 800-53, CNSSI 1253, and DoD RMF Knowledge Service guidance
- Define system architectures that are resistant to tampering and cyber-attacks and lead Anti-Tamper/Cybersecurity Integration & Test and executing verification & validation requirements
- Lead the development of the system security engineering team’s training plan for their development in knowledge and skills and support attracting new talent
- Be the primary interface with inter-organizational / program management and external customers to communicate technical briefing and program status
- Lead analysis of customer’s concept of operations/employment and cybersecurity/anti-tamper requirements to propose, design, develop, and implement security/protection controls
- Analyze existing missile system security architecture, identify and solve potential and actual security problems by architecting an updated system resistant to tampering and cyber-attacks
- Support system requirements development by ensuring standard processes for assessing, implementing, and verifying security requirements are followed
- Develop technical documentation/publication to document trades studies, system designs, analysis, and results related to systems security such as identifying Anti-Tamper Critical Program Information (CPI) and writing of Anti-Tamper Plans
- Support the continuous assessment of IA Control compliance for respective program
- Strategically plan AT technology development and utilize reverse engineering to architect and validate AT solutions
- Support security assessments and continuous monitoring
- Ensure secure software architectures and applications
- Responsible for ensuring cost and schedule objectives in support of Program Management activities
Relocation assistance, while not guaranteed, may be available.
This position is contingent upon available funding/program award.
The selected candidate for this position is required to be on-site.
- B.S. in an engineering/computer science discipline and a minimum of 14 years of engineering, computer science, information systems, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years of cumulative experience in cybersecurity/anti-tamper requirements development, security and cyber threat analysis, security systems engineering, cyber systems architecture development or cybersecurity policy development
- U.S. Citizenship and active secret DoD clearance is required with the ability to obtain higher Special Access Program (SAP) clearance
- Minimum 8 years of cybersecurity/anti-tamper-related experience
- Knowledge of DoD based Platforms and Embedded Systems, including but not limited to: RMF, Cryptography and Systems Engineering design and implementation
- Familiarity with requirements development and derivation or validation and verification
- Ability to travel occasionally CONUS and OCONUS (10% or less)
- Understanding of deliverable technical documents and reports
- Must have proven experience in communicating with all levels of peers, management and customers in a methodical, detailed and process oriented fashion.
- Must have demonstrated experience in leading teams to solve technical problems, including include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and monitoring
- Experience with HP Fortify
- Experience with proposals and creating basis of estimates (BOEs)
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Software or Science
- Experience working in the defense industry or weapon systems
- Experience with Reverse Engineering, Hardware Design, Embedded Software or Cryptography
- Possess a DOD 8570 certification: CompTIA Security+, CISSP or similar
- Active DoD Secret Clearance with periodic reinvestigation within the last five years
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.