Staff Cyber Software Engineer
Requisition ID: R10106065
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is seeking a Staff Cyber Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Colorado Springs, Colorado location. The NGMS team develops new capacities for our military, intelligence, and other government customers. We solve complex problems developing cyber hardware and software solutions. We offer flexible work arrangements, personal growth through learning opportunities, and competitive 401k matching.
This technical subject area includes:
• Programming in Kernel Mode (Windows, Linux) using (C/C++, Assembly)
• Conduct Reverse Engineering and Vulnerability Analysis (x86, x64, MIPS, PPC, or ARM)
• Network Programming (C/C++)
• Network protocols TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, SSL, etc.
• B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field and 14 years of relevant work experience OR M.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field and 12 years of relevant work experience OR Ph.D and 9 years of relevant work experience. NOTE: 4 years of relevant work experience can be substituted for the degree.
• US Citizen with ability to obtain Secret clearance before start. Ability to obtain Top Secret
• Demonstrated software programming experience in C/C++
• Experience with a debugging or system analysis tool (i.e. Wireshark, IDAPro, OllyDebug, WinDBG, JTAG debuggers)
• Active Top Secret security clearance
• Experience in software development to include any of the following: kernel mode, embedded, command and control, web applications, network applications
• Familiarity with Assembly Languages (x86, x64, MIPS, PPC, or ARM)
• Experience developing software for multiple operating system environments
• Development of lower level networking protocols such as TCP/IP and UDP
• Understanding of return oriented programming (ROP) concepts and execution
• Ability to develop and implement shell code
• Ability to understand secure / insecure programming concepts (format string vulnerabilities, heap overflows, etc.)
• Familiarity with git and automated build system workflows (Jenkins, Go, etc.)
This position offers the option of a 9/80 or 4/10 work schedule. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. The 4/10 schedule allows employees to work four ten-hour days Monday through Thursday and take off every Friday.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.