Advanced Programs Staff Cyber Architect - 10664
Requisition ID: R10124569
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States of America | Roy, Utah, United States of America+ 1 more
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking Advanced Programs Staff Cyber Architect– 10664. This position will be located in Colorado Springs, Colorado or Roy, Utah and will support the Advanced Programs.
The Advanced Programs Team creates and matures new technological concepts for our Department of Defense Customers.
Designs and develops new systems, applications, and solutions for external customer's enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks. Ensures system security needs are established and maintained for operations development, security requirements definition, security risk assessment, systems analysis, systems design, security test and evaluation, certification and accreditation, systems hardening, vulnerability testing and scanning, incident response, disaster recover, and business continuity planning and provides analytical support for security policy development and analysis. Integrates new architectural analysis of cyber security features and relates existing system to future needs and trends, embeds advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction, provides engineering recommendations, and resolves integrations and testing issues. May interface with external entities including law enforcement, intelligence and other government organizations and agencies.
- Define stakeholder cyber-security objectives, protection needs and concerns, cyber-security requirements, and associated validation methods.
- Define system cyber-security requirements and associated verification methods.
- Develops cyber-security views and viewpoints of the system architecture and design.
- Identify and assesses cyber-security vulnerabilities and susceptibility to life cycle disruptions, hazards, and threats.
- Design proactive and reactive cyber-security functions encompassed within a balanced strategy to control asset loss and associated loss consequences.
- Provide cyber-security considerations to inform systems engineering efforts with the objective to reduce errors, flaws, and weakness that may constitute security vulnerability leading to unacceptable asset loss and consequences.
- Identify, quantify, and evaluate the costs/benefits of cyber-security functions and considerations to inform analysis of alternatives, engineering trade-offs, and risk treatment decisions.
- Perform system cyber-security analyses in support of decision making, risk management, and engineering trades.
- Demonstrate through evidence-based reasoning, that cyber-security claims for the system have been satisfied.
- Provide evidence to substantiate claims for the trustworthiness of the system; and
- Leverage multiple cyber-security and other specialties to address all feasible solutions so as to deliver a trustworthy secure system.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- 14 Years with Bachelors in Science; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD. In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, one year of relevant experience may be substituted for each year of the 4 required years of education.
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with a reinvestigation date occurring in the last 5 years.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- CISSP certification required.
- Demonstrated skill and ability to lead and perform professional tasks, including the ability to lead small teams and execute to cost and schedule targets, ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish the project result, ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple task responsibilities simultaneously, and ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Deep understanding of computer architecture and interpretation and derivation of Mission CONOPs into computer architecture & devices.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience performing large program security architecture using advances tools to achieve threat mitigation.
- • 20+ Years with Bachelors in Science; 18+ Years with Masters; 15+ Years with PhD. 4 additional years of experience In lieu of a Bachelor's degree
- Experience rapidly standing up hardware systems within multiple classification levels.
- Experience using leading COTS and Open-Source tools and how they should be implemented.
- Knowledge of JSIG, the Classified Overlay, CNSSI 1253, NIST SP800-53/R4 (R5), NISP SP800-171/R2 and CMMC.
- Knowledge of classified network design principles, operating systems, CVE and threat analysis and remediation methods.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient project management skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced, agile environment.
- DoD 8570 IASAE Level III (CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP)
- Willingness to work after hours and weekends as required.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.