Cyber Systems Administrator (Shift)
Requisition ID: R10119503
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Tampa, Florida, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Rotating Shifts (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Cyber Systems Administrator to join our highly skilled team of results driven and customer focused masterminds. We support a rapid environment of market relevant technology trends that demand critical thinkers and detail-oriented operators. This opportunity will entrust you to make real time decisions with real world significance.
Our team works diligently around the clock with passion for our mission but benefits most from the compassion we receive from top down. Health and wellness are an important part of our lives while we define a new protocol for customer success.
Your daily opportunities:
- Build solutions and maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with Cyber Systems Engineers and Cyber Security teams.
- Make recommendations and act on improving user experience and enterprise system administration.
- Be the driving factor for technical solutions from initial testing to implementation.
- Partner with users and stakeholders.
- Other opportunities may include maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, and allocating mass storage space.
Typical Minimum Education / Experience for Cyber Systems Administrator: Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering and/or Mathematics (STEM) and three (3) years of relevant experience; one (1) year with Masters. NOTE: Four (4) years of additional relevant experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.
To be considered you’ll need:
- US Citizenship is required with an active DoD Top Secret security clearance which was active in the last 24 months
- Must possess DoD 8570 Certification for IAT Level II or higher prior to start date
You will be a great fit if:
You have strong working knowledge in two or more of the following areas:
- Administration of virtualization environments using technologies such as vCenter, ESXi, storage provisioning, including the configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of virtual servers and workstations.
- Experience with multiple Linux distributions. Ability to assist end users by navigating via command line through different variations of Linux Operating Systems to include Ubuntu, Red Hat, Pypi, and CentOS.
- Experience in troubleshooting and configuring Windows operating system and Windows Server environments to include Active Directory, DHCP, GPO’s, DNS, LDAP, MS Exchange, MECM (Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager) MS SQL, and WSUS.
- Maintaining a physical and virtual network environment. Experience with Cisco and/or VMware NSX technologies. Knowledge of routing protocols, ports, and layer 2/3 switch configuration.
- Knowledge of storage; NetApp ONTAP and/or Synology as well as backup applications such as VEEAM and the ability to understand and implement backup and recovery solutions.
- Experience writing scripts (e.g. Batch, Bash, PowerShell, Python) to automate routine tasks
What to expect:
- During the first 30 days of employment onboarding activities to include Northrop Grumman training requirements, program overviews, system architecture familiarization, and department-specific training will establish a solid foundation for the new team member. Introductions to management and team leads will provide insight into the team dynamics while identifying key areas where you will provide value to the mission.
- Day 30 through 90 will consist of further integration to the team and actively sitting with tenured members to gain a better understanding of daily tasks and requirements. Tasks will be assigned in accordance with the appropriate pace needed to guarantee your success.
- Day 90 and onward will consist of mission focused opportunities with the possibility to collaborate across several teams. From leading day-to-day activities in the operations department, to testing cutting-edge feature enhancements to the enterprise architecture, you will have the ability to invest in your future while delivering maximum value to our customer’s mission.
In addition to the competitive pay and 40 hours of PTO on day 1, as a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our competitive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- 401k 6% Matching
- Educational Assistance ($10,000 annually) / Certification Reimbursement
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion resources
- Veteran Resources
This position follows a Panama schedule that includes working 12-hour shifts. This schedule allows for employees to have a three-day weekend every other week and rotates from nights to days every 12 weeks. Employees are compensated with a pay differential during their night shift rotation. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.