Manager Cyber Systems Engineering 2 (EC)
Requisition ID: R10069370
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Annapolis Junction, Maryland, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Polygraph
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is seeking a candidate with outstanding leadership skills to fill a Manager 2 position for the Intelligence & Sensing Solutions (I&SS) Cybersecurity Solutions (CS) organization in the Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization. This is a dual role position encompassing both people leadership and direct technical performance.
This position will manage a team that may support multiple programs, projects and initiatives. The position is located specifically in the Annapolis Junction, MD area.
This role will focus on two primary areas of responsibility: People Leadership and Technical Performance.
Ensure team has a clear purpose and clear roles; Communicate information to employees in a timely manner to help them to be productive and engaged; Give direct feedback to people on her/his team about their performance and potential in the organization; Find and develop talent. Functional responsibilities include staffing and workload forecast, employee inclusion, engagement, mentoring and career development. Additional responsibilities include coordinating specific staffing requirements, drafting/reviewing requisitions and performing hiring manager responsibilities, identifying rotational opportunities for employees, and performance management.
Ensure personnel within the discipline team are meeting technical requirements of supported programs. Team Technical Performance: The candidate should have a technical performance role currently in place that can account for at least 80% of their time. Technical performance responsibilities will vary based on current role.
The successful candidate will clearly demonstrate strong leadership skills and have success as an effective communicator and problem solver who is able to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Current, active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
- Experience leading multi-discipline engineering teams
- Proven leadership skills as a people and technical leader, and ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Bachelor Degree and a minimum of 9+ years’ experience in software, hardware, or systems engineering
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Previous Functional Management Experience
- Experienced in all aspects of the Engineering processes and Software development
- Master's degree in a relevant technical or management specialty
- INCOSE Systems Engineering Professional (Associate or Certified Level)
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.