Staff Cyber Software Engineer (SWE-2)
Requisition ID: R10113827
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Fort Meade, Maryland, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Polygraph
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman is hiring! Earn up to a $20,000 sign on bonus if you are hired against specific TS/SCI Polygraph positions.
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We’re looking for innovators, who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we will support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you will have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
The Sensing & Secured Solutions Teams are hiring! We are seeking an experienced Sr. Java Developer to work as a member of an Agile team developing a high-visibility, mission critical component of a large system. The new team member will be working with DevOps, containerization, deployment to and operation on Linux, API development, requirements development, and model-based systems engineering.
The Sr. Java Developer will develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software systems (e.g. processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. This person will be responsible for working individually or as part of a team to review and test software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. The team is seeking a talented engineer who resolves software problem reports, utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. The successful candidate shall have experience with creating specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software tradeoffs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS)/ Government Off-the Shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- 14 years of experience as a Software Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity with a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university. - 18 years of experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity with no degree can also be accepted.
- A current and active TS/SCI Clearance with Polygraph is required.
- An ability to develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software systems.
- This position requires past experience in Java Software Development
- An ability to analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- An ability to design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Experience with debugging existing software and correcting defects
- An ability to integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Experience with developing simple data queries for existing or proposed databases or data repositories
- Assisting with developing and executing test procedures for software components
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.