Manager Cyber Systems Engineering 3
Requisition ID: R10118099
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Roy, Utah, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is a trusted provider of mission-enabling solutions for global security. Our Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
We are looking for you to join our Mission Systems Strategic Cyber Pod Engineering Team as a Cyber Systems Engineering Manager 3 in Roy, Utah. This Pod Manager position is a dual-role management position. The first role is as the Engineering and Sciences Functional Manager for the Cyber Engineering Team supporting the Strategic Cyber portfolio of programs. Direct reports will include Level 2 Cyber Systems Engineering Managers and senior engineers in technical leadership role. The second role is performing technical responsibilities for Sentinel Embedded Cyber Systems Engineering. Ability to directly support other programs within the portfolio in a technical capacity is also a possibility. This position will report directly to the Mission Systems E&S Manager responsible for the teams supporting engineering efforts across multiple business portfolios within our Networked Information Solutions Division. The position is based in Roy, UT, but will require periodic travel to Northrop Grumman site locations. Limited travel to subcontractor and customer site locations is also possible. Total travel will trend below 25% of total work time.
From a functional perspective, the Functional Manager duties include:
- Provide Engineering functional oversight for direct reports; this includes active employee engagement, career development, conducting employee performance reviews and merit planning, mentoring, and training; Oversee and guide Level 2 Managers in the execution of their role
- Ensure strong Engineering technical execution across our portfolio of programs, promoting adherence to our engineering processes, procedures, and best practices to ensure quality work products and reduce risk on the program; You will be expected to lead the team in mitigating risks and also engage to rapidly correct technical execution challenges
- Engage directly with the Program Leadership for the portfolio programs regarding staffing demand and workload forecasting; recruit new talent, to include entry-level and experienced positions, to meet staffing commitments; work to rapidly redeploy talent to support other programs as needed to meet program staffing needs
- Plan and manage the indirect budgets for the Engineering team supporting this Pod portfolio of programs
- Support the development and implementation of strategic initiatives with a focus on continual efficiency and process improvement as it relates to Engineering technical execution on the programs in the portfolio
From a direct program support perspective, the technical duties will include a mix of the following:
- Support the Scrum-of-Scrums across our product teams as a Scrum Master and member of the senior leadership team
- Take ownership and responsibility for the more complex Cyber Engineering tasks and expedite resolution of high priority and/or urgent program challenges
- Act as a cyber-generalist in supporting the various Cyber Engineering teams
- Leverage existing capabilities in Embedded Cyber System Engineering to support team efforts, specifically regarding cyber requirements and implementation across other segments performing development on programs in the portfolio
- Maintain ongoing awareness and understanding of the team’s Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and support the Cost Account Manager (CAM) in status and execution support for all technical tasks
Our selected candidate must demonstrate success in applying leadership characteristics to achieve sustainable top performance across a large technical team, a commitment to ethics and integrity, and the capability to innovate while challenging traditional ways of doing business. Our selected candidate must also possess the ability to balance programmatic needs to deliver results within cost, schedule, and quality parameters while encouraging and rewarding innovative behaviors through all levels of the organization. Demonstrated abilities to build diverse and inclusive teams with high levels of engagement, including mentoring and coaching, are essential. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required, and the selected candidate must have demonstrated strong abilities to collaborate and lead virtually as a part of a geographically dispersed team. Finally, the successful candidate must have demonstrated success in influencing the direction of technology discriminators, including identifying and championing change within the organization, to achieve competitive advantage for the business.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 9 years of technical experience in any combination of Embedded Cyber Systems, Software, Hardware or related Engineering disciplines accompanied by high proficiency in technical problem solving across the full development lifecycle; Master’s degree with 7 years of experience; or PhD with 4 years of experience
- Clearance: Active DoD Top Secret clearance and the ability to be granted SCI and SAP access
- At least 5 years of demonstrated successful experience leading technical professionals, preferably in an Engineering functional environment or as a program IPT lead
- Strong understanding of Cybersecurity Engineering
- Working knowledge of Program Execution, Staffing, Engineering Metrics and Training resources, Processes, and Tools
- Demonstrated experience in driving a team toward meeting cost, schedule, and technical performance for complex programs, leveraging innovation as necessary
- Strong preference for current SCI/SAP clearance and read-on to the Sentinel program
- Certifications: Current CISSP or equivalent/greater certification with increased preference for the ability to obtain within 6 months or less of hire DoD 8570 / AFMAN 17-1303 qualification at the IASAE 3 level (CISSP-ISSEP, CISSP-ISSAP, CCSP)
- Experience effectively leading and growing diverse technical teams across multiple geographic locations
- Experience executing in an Agile Framework, with increased preference for leadership roles experience such as Scrum Master
- Experience with Systems Security Engineering as defined in NIST SP 800-160
- Proven collaboration with program managers and customer representatives to meet program objectives
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.