Space Cyber/Systems Security Engineering Manager (Top Secret) – Space / Satellite Systems (Dulles, VA)
Requisition ID: R10118850
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Dulles, Virginia, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
We have an opening for a Space Cyber/Systems Security Engineering Manager to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in the Tactical Space organization. This position will be located in Dulles, VA. This is an on-site position that requires oversight and support of Cyber/SSE activities for National Security Systems, Space Security, and Commercial & Civilian Space programs.
Skills For Success
- Leadership experience applying Risk Management Framework (RMF) & related systems security engineering disciplines to complex embedded systems
- Specific domain knowledge is required and includes COMSEC, TRANSEC, TEMPEST, and Cyber Security, Resilience & Survivability techniques
- Creatively apply security controls and be capable of securing new systems by applying Cyber/SSE techniques from initial program inception through disposal, i.e. the entire systems development lifecycle
- Lead by example and having proven experience securing complex space systems
- Participate and support the business development process by developing Basis of Estimates, contributing and/or evaluating internal and subcontractor proposals, and executing programs across complex space system segments – Ground Segment, Space Segment, Communications Segments, and where applicable User Segments
- Perform hiring and management of Cyber/SSE personnel who primarily fulfill the ISSE role for new systems in the pre-launch development phase
- Experience in the Defense/Aerospace industry with relevant domain expertise – particularly RMF & EVMS processes
- Manager’s staff are responsible for performing the full range of ISSE duties, including but not limited to preparing these common CDRLs: COMSEC Security Plan, Key & Certificate Management Plan, TEMPEST Control Plan, System Security Plan, Security Controls Traceability Matrix, Risk Assessment Report, Attack Surface Analysis, Security Impact Assessments, Security Assessment Plans, and related artifacts.
- Allocate staff across multiple programs; planning staff transition events; hiring/recruiting; conducting performance reviews; and coaching staff to meet goals
- Work in a dynamic engineering environment where the Cyber/SSE manager may lead and assign staff to major assessment events in support of re-authorization, vulnerability assessments, and adversarial assessments
- Act as the Cyber/SSE Cost Account Manager (CAM) for Earned Value Management System (EVMS) managed programs
- Lead or oversee engineering trades of alternative approaches to best meet security requirements for complex mission-unique changes to Ground Segment, Space Segment or Communication Segment functionality
- Lead or oversee engineering trades to Identify secure interface alternatives and communications protocols for complex space system environments, whether in a dedicated computing infrastructure, or a shared cloud-like environment, utilizing containerization and microservices architectures in ground segments and/or cross-links, mesh networks and shared processing in Space Segments
- Participate as a presenter and/or as a technical reviewer in engineering design milestone reviews
- Lead or oversee engineering documentation for Cyber/SSE practices and procedures
- Use Agile, Scrum, and/or Kanban techniques to schedule one-time and recurring activities
- Provide staff and leadership towards architecting security scanning and patching activities, to include developing and communicating metrics for continuous improvement, across COTS/GOTS applications, such as those with embedded processors/FPGAs/ASICs and/or within virtualized cloud environments
- Document Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and when needed, overseeing security assessments, flaw remediation, other maintenance, and when required for operational systems Continuous Monitoring (ConMon) activities
- Perform or supervise staff in the incorporation of Cyber/SSE processes into other engineering disciplines, including but not limited to Static Code Analysis of Flight Software and other steps into the Software Development Plan; entry/exit criteria for milestones in the Systems Engineering Management Plan
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM field
- 14 years IT security experience, with at least 7 years in a technical leadership position in the Defense/Aerospace Industry
- Must have U.S. Citizenship with active TS/SCI clearance
- CISSP certification
- Exposure to requirements analysis and decomposition. Demonstrated knowledge of Systems Engineering processes, milestones and SDLC
- Ability and interest in travel, up to 25%
- Degree in Computer Science; Electrical, Aerospace or Computer Engineering
- 10 years’ experience in the Defense Aerospace Industry
- 5 years’ experience managing highly technical teams
- 3 years’ experience as Cost Account Manager (CAM) on an EVMS-managed program
- Use of common Agile tool suites (Jira, Confluence, etc) and/or Kanban practices
The Northrop Grumman Tactical Space Division is a strategic partner specializing in commercial and classified partnerships with the design, delivery, operation and sustainment of satellites and human spacecraft. We support science and space exploration through our various partnerships, including NASA’s Artemis program with the goal to return humans to the Moon in 2024 and the TESS (Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite) program that has discovered more than twenty confirmed plants. Recognized as an industry leader, we also develop highly specialized space and satellite components.
Northrop Grumman offers a competitive and robust benefits program.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
Dental & Vision coverage
Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
Paid Time Off
Health & Wellness Resources
Flexible Schedules (For example the ability to work a 9/80 work schedule, which allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work)
For more details please visit our total rewards site or chat with one of our recruiters to learn more.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.