Senior Configuration Engineer
Requisition ID: R10080228
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: New Malden, London, United Kingdom
- Citizenship required: United Kingdom Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Security Check (SC)
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 2
Your Opportunity to Define Possible. Our Opportunity to Deliver the Nation’s Security. Together.
Salary: £46,000 - £66,000
Role Clearance Type: You must be able to gain and maintain UK Government clearance
Location: Burlington House, New Malden, Kingston-Upon-Thames, London, UK.
About Your Opportunity:
Play a key role on Northrup Grumman UK’s Highest Profile programmes!
In this role, you will be an influential member of the program and be able to advise stakeholders on how to adhere to configuration management principles on important Defence programmes. You will be Configuration SME, acting as the point of contact to specific programs within both the hardware and software engineering domains.
- Flexible working schedules - we offer flexible and hybrid working arrangements. Talk to us at the application stage about any scheduling preferences you may have.
- Flexible Benefits Package – choose which NGUKL benefits you want to satisfy your personal needs. Core Benefits provided for you are Healthcare, Dental, Life Assurance and Pension. Benefits you can flex include Critical Illness Cover, Health Cash Plan, and Health Assessments.
- Employee Incentive Programme – exceptional performance is recognized through our annual incentive programme which is awarded to top performers who excel
- Career Development – opportunity for ongoing professional development and career growth opportunities
- Will support both internal and external audits for Configuration Control and Change Process compliance and export compliance audits.
- To facilitate change management process activities such as Change Requests and change notices.
- To have a detailed Understanding of product lines ensuring design baselines accurately reflect the design.
- Review both internal and external documentation ensuring consistency and accuracy throughout.
- To take ownership of specific CM processes ensuring they are implemented successfully.
- Demonstrated functional knowledge of hardware and software configuration management tools, best practices, and industry standards.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and direct project teams on proper configuration control for major programs or multiple smaller programs.
- Experience of PLM/MRP/ERP Tools such as Windchill and SAP.
- HNC/D or Degree in Engineering
- Proven work experience within Configuration management within an engineering domain.
Your Future Team:
We are a passionate and collaborative team that is striving to implement a progressive way of working in significant UK Defence programmes. We are a diverse set of individuals that bring a wide range of process and technical knowledge that support each other in our agile and fast paced function. Our matrix structure promotes collaboration across the programmes, whilst giving us all the opportunity to learn and gain new experiences from others.
We believe that creating a team that values diversity and fosters inclusion is essential to great performance and we are proud to deliver quality systems to our customers.
Diversity is at the heart of our success. Our team share experience, knowledge and new thinking gained from a wide range of backgrounds perspective, culture, gender, race, age and many other elements across several industries. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from communities currently under-represented within our industry. We treat everyone with respect and foster safe and inclusive environments.
About Our Responsibilities:
Our customers operate in unique environments which offer new and exciting challenges every day, cultivating a place where you can learn and thrive, working alongside the best minds in industry. We’ll give you space to develop your career, where your ideas can shape the future of our dynamic business.
We promote collaboration to achieve more than we could imagine, together. And within a respectful and inspirational environment, we value what you say and do.
How to Apply:
Interested in our opportunity?
Yes – then simply submit your application online. Your application will be reviewed by one of our expert recruiters who’ll then respond advising you of the outcome and next steps for successful candidates.
Possibly, I’d like to find out more – email firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with one of our Sourcing Specialists who will be happy to support you with any enquires.
Background checks and potentially security clearance form part of the recruitment process, our team will inform you of the procedures when required.
Northrop Grumman UK:
Work with a global brand that makes a real contribution to our nation’s security and future. At Northrop Grumman UK, the brightest minds come together to push the boundaries and Define Possible. As leaders in the digital transformation of Aerospace, Defence and Intelligence we are providing ground-breaking outcomes for our customers.
UK Defence Business:
Our UK Defence business is a Sovereign systems centre of excellence. As well as developing and supporting UK wide and internationally deployed multi-domain command and control systems, our work is critical to the modern backbone of the UK Defence and multiple NATO partners. We pioneer – with fierce curiosity, dedication, and innovation, we seek to solve the world’s most challenging problems.
Find out more: https://www.northropgrumman.com/careers/job-search-united-kingdom/
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.