Software Configuration Analyst
Requisition ID: R10113925
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for prime satellite and payload capabilities and directed energy and electronics solutions for national security, military, and civil customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
SSSD has an opening for a Software Configuration Data Management (CDM) representative to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Statement of Work:
1. Ensures configuration identification of all software model work products.
2. Establishes & maintains tool specific to software libraries, baseline storage, and MBSE Tools, as required.
3. Coordinates & facilitates all SCM Configuration Control Board activities.
4. Executes builds and releases per program schedules to ensure reproducible software configuration baselines.
5. Implements and oversees a status accounting process that reflects the current status of the end item software products.
6. Contributes to continuous configuration management process & tool improvement. Generates as required process documentation & process change proposals.
7. Provides for necessary interface & communication with customers and software team members.
8. Control MBSE baselines between environments and perform model synchronization.
9. Develop MBSE configuration control through tool development and user management.
- Actively engage in the development & maintenance of SCM processes / tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, & delivery of both internally developed and externally purchased commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software products.
- Performs SCM and release engineering tasks to ensure new software product operating parameters are documented, comply with standard hardware configurations, and are logistically sustainable.
- Designs, develops, automates, and maintains productivity tools using programming, database or scripting languages to improve software modeling and development. Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support software product development and use.
- Potentially develop software configuration standards for division-wide use. Collaborate & educate software developers in the use of Configuration Management tools and the implementation of software quality standards.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline with 2+ years of technical experience OR
- Master's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline
Candidate must have, and be able to maintain, at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government security clearances:
- Dept. of Defense Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years
- An extensive knowledge of software / hardware configuration, data and change management principles
- Proficiency in the use of company standard configuration management & Model Based tools such as CAMEO
- Be able to administer and or maintain software configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and delivery of program products.
-DoD Top Secret Clearance and/or SCI
Northrop Grumman offers a competitive and robust benefits program. As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Schedules: For example the ability to work a 9/80 work schedule, which allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work
For more details, please view Northrop Grumman Benefits.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.