Sr Principal Computer Systems Architect - NG Space Systems
Requisition ID: R10128713
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SCI
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
We offer phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly collaborative workplace. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do. Does this sound like you?
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) provide benefits for the member, our leaders and the company. Our ERGs offer opportunities to be a friend, be active, be a volunteer, be a leader, to be recognized and to be yourself! Every ERG is inclusive of all employees!
Our diverse portfolio of programs means there are endless paths to cultivate your career. We are well-known for our inclusive environment, as well as our excellent work/life balance. We also offer exceptional benefits/healthcare, a 9/80 schedule, and a great 401K matching program.
The Integration and Support Group (ISG), a large IT organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems sector is seeking an experienced Linux Systems Administrator to support the Payload and Ground Systems Division (PGSD) in their development and deployment of ground systems. The location for this role will be at our Space Park campus in Redondo Beach, CA. 100% onsite work is required.
To be successful in this role, you should enjoy learning and learn quickly, be motivated by the opportunity to solve hard problems with challenging boundary conditions, work well with a motivated and mission-focused team, enjoy working with both speed and accuracy, and take great pride in your work and the work of the team(s). You should have demonstrated experience in technical problem solving, to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation, and monitoring. Design and develop system architecture and define key capabilities and performance requirements. Define design and technology maturity constraints of the system in accordance with customer specifications. Develop thorough definition of system external interfaces. Define system implementation approach and operational concept. Ensure requirements are met and evaluate performance with the customer.
- Bachelor's degree and 9 years of experience, or Master’s degree and 7 years of experience; an additional 4 years of related experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- No active security clearance needed; however candidate must have the ability to obtain SCI access with an adjudicated CI Poly (needed for Privilege User access)
- CompTIA Security+ certification
- Demonstrated expertise as a Linux Systems Administrator
- Experience in automating tasks utilizing scripting and/or orchestration tools. Specifically, proficiency in one or more of the following languages is preferred: PowerShell, Python, Bash, or YAML (executed/managed via Ansible)
- Knowledge of version control using code repositories (Bitbucket/Gitlab)
- Familiarity with Virtual environment using VMware products (i.e., vCenter, ESXi, etc.)
- Familiarity with Networking environment (i.e., routers, firewalls, VLANs, etc.)
- Familiarity with NAS technologies such as NetApp
- Demonstrated expertise with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Experience with troubleshooting complex RHEL, network, and COTS-related issues
- Experience with Ansible
- Experience managing a highly virtualized production environment
- Experience producing system architecture documentation
- Certifications (i.e., Red Hat, NetApp, VMware, etc.)
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.