Staff Computer Systems Architect (PGS Space Systems)
Requisition ID: R10129500
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Redondo Beach, California, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
We offer phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly collaborative workplace. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do. Does this sound like you?
Our diverse portfolio of programs means there are endless paths to cultivate your career. We are well-known for our inclusive environment, as well as our excellent work/life balance. We also offer exceptional benefits/healthcare, a 9/80 schedule, and a great 401K matching program.
Our Sagittarius Ground program is seeking an experienced Staff Computer Systems Architect with expert knowledge of ground infrastructure requirements and specific automation techniques. This position is located in Redondo Beach, CA.
As a Staff Computer Systems Architect, you will design automation techniques to address a wide range of infrastructure requirements. You will work with a team of junior to senior level personnel to drive solutions in a fully automated environment – leveraging ansible coding techniques to provide Infrastructure as Code deployments in multiple areas. Infrastructures will include Windows, Linux (Red Hat), NetApp storage appliances and VMware. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of cyber controls, cyber mitigations, RMF artifacts and cyber testing techniques, and will also need a deep understanding of automation for both Infrastructure as Code and cyber hardening / patching.
- Bachelor's degree with 14 years of relevant experience; Master's degree with 12 years of relevant experience; PhD with 9 years of relevant experience; an additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Current TS Clearance
- Understanding of Cyber products for systems to include logging, vulnerability scanning, intrusion detection mechanisms, patching systems, anti virus and related processes
- Understanding of operating systems for Linux and VMware
- Understanding Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and configuration standards for DOD IA and IA-enabled devices/systems
- Subject Matter Expert for automation techniques leveraging Ansible coding and tools
- Experience in cyber controls as they relate to ground stations (this will include common and uncommon mitigation strategies across a multi-platform system)
- Experience supporting real-time operations, and the ground hardware and software involved with mission operations
- Current DoD 8570 Security + CE certification (IAT Level II compliant)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification
- Vendor certifications from any of VMware, RedHat, Microsoft or Cisco
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.