Computer Systems Architect - Service Desk
Requisition ID: R10128586
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Unknown City, Maryland, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes- May Consider Full Time Teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman’s Enterprise Services organization is seeking a qualified Computer Systems Architect to perform key assignments for Mission Systems off-net Engineering and Manufacturing network. Primary location preference would be Baltimore, MD, however, it can also can be performed as a virtual/telecommuter.
The incumbent will support service desk operations on a large heterogeneous unclassified computer network that includes Linux, Windows and VMware virtualization with emphasis on supporting software development teams. This technical role requires an understanding of concepts including system administration, systems architecture, cyber security, and information assurance. This role requires the ability to support a diverse user community in a dynamic environment.
This position will report to the Enterprise Distributed Network (EDN) Operations Manager with job day-to-day guidance from the Service Desk IPT Lead. Primary duties will include providing customer support for EDN users and assist in program on-boarding, working with DevOps tools including but not limited to Atlassian tools, (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, Crucible / Fisheye), Jenkins, and CM Systems; maintaining system documentation, developing infrastructure support procedures, and providing security support.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems field; 0 Years with Masters.
- Experience with Linux and Windows OS administration.
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies: VMware, vSphere, vCenter Server, ESXi, Horizon View, vRA
- Proven experience in a customer supporting role.
- US Citizenship is required
- General understanding of network technologies
- Comprehensive understanding of Networking technologies including: - Port security - VLANs, VLAN trunking, Link Aggregation (LACP), spanning tree - Layer 3 Routing, CIDR subnetting - Software Defined Networking & Micro-segmentation - Understanding of VXLAN and logical networking concepts
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.