PC Network Support Technician 3
Requisition ID: R10107039
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Dulles, Virginia, United States of America
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a qualified PC Network Support Technician 3; this position will be located in Dulles, VA
Job responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Provide technical support for computers; install, troubleshoot, service, and repair personal computers, related PC software, and peripherals
- Instruct users in the use of personal computers
- Investigate information, network, and communications needs of users, and make recommendations regarding software and hardware purchases
- Provide Windows systems management
- Provides local Windows and file Server administration
- Provides offnet environment support
- Provides basic network administration
- Perform root cause analysis for complex issues and document technical solutions
- Work with software vendors to support third party applications
- Provide any technical support above and beyond the Tier1/2 support vendor
- Provide on call support for production-impacting incidents, as needed
- Monitors ticket queues to ensure SLAs are met
- Associate's Degree with 3 years of relevant experience OR a High School Diploma/GED with 5 years of relevant experience.
- Current CompTIA A+, or Network+, or Security+ certification, or the ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hire date
- Experience in Active Directory configuring user and computer accounts
- Proficiency in Microsoft products such as Windows Desktop OS and Office Product Suite
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work after hours and weekends, as needed
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline
- Certified Help Desk Professional, MCP, MCSE, A+, Linux certified or certificates in related disciplines
- Cross-platform experience (ie. Windows, Linux, Solaris, OSX, UNIX, etc.)
- Experience supporting VMware VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure)
- Linux systems administrator experience, preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux, in a networked, enterprise data center environment
- General understanding of Computing and Storage Systems and Networking
- Experience collaborating and coordinating project tasks in a team-oriented environment.
- Proficiency in MS Project, Visio, and PowerShell
- Experienced in providing remote support to end users utilizing remote desktop tools and walking users through troubleshooting steps over the phone.
- Strong troubleshooting abilities
- Must be customer and detail oriented and possess good decision-making ability.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.