Requisition ID: R10104739
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Edinburgh Parks, South Australia, Australia
- Citizenship required: Australia Citizenship
- Clearance Type: TSPV (Positive Vetting)
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
We are Northrop Grumman Australia. Part of an 85,000 strong global Defence organisation, over 800 talented employees in Australia are leveraging our global resources to deliver superior Australian Defence capability. As we build our business and our capabilities, we are also building a reputation as a great place to work. Help us define what is possible for our nation, and for your career.
Northrop Grumman's MQ-4C Triton Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) provides real-time intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (ISR) over vast ocean and coastal regions. The aircraft can fly for more than 24 hours at a time, at an altitude above 55,000 feet and an operational range of 8,200 nautical miles. Australia is a cooperative program partner in the Triton program which consists of the US Navy, Royal Australian Air Force and Northrop Grumman.
As Northrop Grumman Australia prepares for the arrival of the Triton UAS, we are setting up and proactively recruiting to ensure a seamless and coordinated entry into service. One of the key roles identified in this strategy is the role of Systems Administrator based out of RAAF Base Edinburgh, South Australia. Some travel to the Forward Operating Base at RAAF Base Tindal, Northern Territory may be required on occasion.
As a key member of the program team, you will be crucial to maintaining continuous operation of multi-user computer systems across the Triton Forward Operating Base and Main Operating Base Mission Control Systems and Mission Systems Trainer. Working closely with a broad stakeholder group, you will play a vital role towards meeting operational requirements for this critical Defence capability.
You are a seasoned Systems Administrator with experience working on projects and within highly regulated environments. Technically you have an appropriate relevant qualification and proven experience with Microsoft Windows technologies (server, desktop and applications). It will be advantageous if you have experience working with VMWare and Cisco Networks.
You hold at least a current Negative Vetting 1 clearance will need to be eligible to hold Top Secret - Positive Vetting.
What’s in it for you:
Whatever your role, life stage or background, you can shape your career here in your way with highly challenging work, great colleagues and career development, plus a range of flexible benefits and working patterns.
- Professional Development – further education, leadership development, professional industry memberships and unlimited access to a range of online training
- Options for flexible & hybrid work including 9 day fortnight
- Purchased annual leave
- Salary packaging including novated car leases
- Generous paid parental leave
- Volunteer Leave
- Health & Wellbeing program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation Assistance available
Defining Possible means something different to each one of us. What’s Your Possible?
Doing the Right Thing and Sharing Success are two values underpinning how we behave at Northrop Grumman. Here, everyone matters and we proudly encourage individuals from all backgrounds and all abilities to apply to join our diverse and inclusive workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Note: As a Defence security clearance (TS-PV) is required for this role, you will need to be an Australian Citizen. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable, so your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.