Principal Systems Administrator (United Arab Emirates) TS/SCI
Requisition ID: R10128332
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Unknown City, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Citizenship required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: SCI
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Any (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 50% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 3
Put your skills to the test by pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. From global defense to sustainment and modernization to mission readiness, your experience and ability will make it a reality. Our programs are built on equal parts of curiosity and collaboration. Our combined effort means our customers can connect and defend millions of people around the world. With Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the opportunity to be an essential part of projects that will define your career, now and in the future.
Northrop Grumman Defense Services is seeking a well-qualified Systems Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the United Arab Emirates.
- Perform as a Windows\VMware System Administrator for a classified government contract.
- Perform as a Linux\Redhat System Administrator for a classified government contract.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
- Analyze internal and external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
- Review recommendations and system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
- Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
- Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
- Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
- Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
- Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
- Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
- Prepare security documentation for input to Computer Security.
- Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
- Work under minimal direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
This position is an Expatriate Position with various bonuses for working overseas, such as Housing Allowances, Cost of Living Allowances, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of experience, or 10 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed degree.
- Active TS\SCI
- Ability to maintain an active clearance.
- Ability to be cleared to special access programs.
- Current Security + CE, or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire date.
- Experience managing Windows Server OS and domain architecture.
- Ability to support multiple networks, ensure necessary administration tasks are completed, and direct others as necessary.
- Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
- Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware in a networked environment.
- Server management experience.
- Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP or similar security certification.
- Windows domain architecture experience.
- Understanding of basic networking, including subnets, routing, and VLANs; Cisco experience and/or certification.
- Windows AD, LDAP, VMWare, and knowledge of SAN storage systems.
- Linux Operating System experience and/or certification for current versions.
- VMWare experience with current version.
- Rudimentary Scripting experience.
- Experience with the creation and deployment of system images in an enterprise environment. - Experience with Certification & Accreditation process.
- DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco).
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal and external customers, in written and oral format.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.