Requisition ID: R10120959
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
- Citizenship required: United Kingdom Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Highest Level of Government Clearance
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 1
Your Opportunity to Define Possible. Our Opportunity to Deliver the Nation’s Security. Together.
Salary: £31,000 - £47,000
Role clearance type: UK-Developed Vetting (DV).
Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom.
About Your Opportunity:
Work on large and complex programmes with wide ranging technologies that tackle some of the biggest national security challenges.
Our involvement with all engineering disciplines throughout the SDLC, places us in a unique position to support the continued sustainment and development of our sovereign defence capability.
We are looking to recruit candidates with a passion for quality, mentoring and community building. You will be joining highly Agile, multi-disciplinary teams working in DevOps practices and tools to deliver high-quality software. You’ll be hands-on in aiding and implementing test strategies with a strong understanding of the Modern Testing Principles.
- Flexible working schedules - we offer flexible and hybrid working arrangements. Talk to us at the application stage about any scheduling preferences you may have.
- Flexible Benefits Package – choose which NGUKL benefits you want to satisfy your personal needs. Core Benefits provided for you are Healthcare, Dental, Life Assurance and Pension. Benefits you can flex include Critical Illness Cover, Health Cash Plan, and Health Assessments.
- Employee Incentive Programme – exceptional performance is recognized through our annual incentive programme which is awarded to top performers who excel
- Career Development – opportunity for ongoing professional development and career growth opportunities
- You will work in multiple environments as part of a collaborative and multi-functional team
- Deliver test capability to support mission critical solutions
- Identify gaps and opportunity to improve test capability to ensure coverage efficiency
- Identify testing solutions to reduce software time-to-market
- Assist with the identification of new tools and methodologies to be utilised for testing
- Knowledge of the SDLC, Agile principles and ways of working, Dev-ops principles, tools and techniques
- Experience and proven track record for delivering quality test solutions in a fast-paced dynamic Engineering environment
- Excellent problem-solving, interpersonal, analytical, planning and written/verbal communication skills and an aptitude to learn new technologies quickly
- Self-motivated and able to inspire others in test best practice, focused on Quality outcomes
- Knowledge and good understanding of automated test tools and frameworks
Your Future Team:
“We aim for excellence in software testing and quality assurance by championing best practice, ensuring products are built sustainably and live up to the test of time, delivering value and assurance to our customers. We are inquisitive with technology, building the skills and experience we need to manage the problems of tomorrow”
Chris Rayner, Engineering Authority ( @ Northrop Grumman UK
We are a forward thinking, innovative and growing test community, adding value and quality to software. Our organisation supports new experiences and access to opportunities within NG as a global security provider. We are proud of our quality of work.
We believe that creating a team that values diversity and fosters inclusion is essential to great performance. We know the best ideas come from diversity of thought, background, perspective, culture, gender, race, age and many other elements. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from communities currently under-represented within our industry. We treat everyone with respect and foster safe and inclusive environments.
About Our Responsibilities:
Our customers operate in unique environments which offer new and exciting challenges every day, cultivating a place where you can learn and thrive, working alongside the best minds in industry. We’ll give you space to develop your career, where your ideas can shape the future of our dynamic business.
We promote collaboration to achieve more than we could imagine, together. And within a respectful and inspirational environment, we value what you say and do.
How to Apply:
Interested in our opportunity?
Yes – then simply submit your application online. Your application will be reviewed by one of our expert recruiters who’ll then respond advising you of the outcome and next steps for successful candidates.
Possibly, I’d like to find out more – then connect direct with firstname.lastname@example.org, where one of our recruitment business partners will be happy to support you with any enquires.
Background checks and potentially security clearance form part of the recruitment process, our team will inform you of the procedures when required.
Northrop Grumman UK:
Work with a global brand that makes a real contribution to our nation’s security and future. At Northrop Grumman UK, the brightest minds come together to push the boundaries and Define Possible. As leaders in the digital transformation of Aerospace, Defence and Intelligence we are providing ground-breaking outcomes for our customers.
UK Cyber & Intelligence Business:
Our UK Cyber & Intelligence business combines modern software development approaches with a rich heritage and experience in the Defence and security sectors. Our customers have complex and sensitive data and information requirements requiring a mission partner who quickly understands the context, delivering and sustaining a portfolio of challenging technology projects at scale and pace, supporting them through an ambitious digital transformation programme.
Find out more: https://www.northropgrumman.com/careers/job-search-united-kingdom/
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.