Sr. Principal/ Staff Chief Engineer
Requisition ID: R10044820
- Category: Engineering
Location: Magna, UT, USA | Corinne, UT, USA +1 more
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently looking for a Sr. Principal/ Staff Mission Assurance Chief Engineer to work in our Bacchus (Magna) or Promontory, UT location.
Description & responsibilities:
This CPS Mission Assurance Chief Engineer is responsible for all Safety and mission assurance compliance on CPS Programs. The MACE is accountable to assure program S&MA needs are implemented through our systems and will engage across S&MA organizations and into other organizations to assure quality and safety contract requirements are met on time and within budget. Daily interface with program leadership, Engineering, Safety and Quality organizations is required. Regular customer interface is required to assure all customer requirements are being met. Government and DCMA interface is a key part of this position with the MACE being a primary contact for quality and safety issues between NGIS and DCMA. Responsibilities include ensuring resources across S&MA are provided when and where needed to support Program success. You will lead efforts to develop, communicate and implement the S&MA vision, strategy, goals and metrics to help meet business and program objectives.
- Bachelors in Engineering
- Minimum of 7 years of increasingly responsible rocket motor design, manufacturing and/or quality experience
- Position can be filled one level higher, 12 years and BS or 9 years and MS
- Strong working knowledge of Quality and Safety policies, procedures and processes
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and with customers
- Comfort and success working across organizational boundaries
- Strong organization, planning, execution and budget management skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize competing and demanding priorities to satisfy S&MA requirements
- Ability to craft solutions to meet program unique requirements while maintaining compliance to AS9100.
- Advanced engineering degree
- Previous quality engineering experience
- Working knowledge of the MRB processes
- Ability to get things done through formal and informal channels.
- Ability to get things done through others without directly supervising them
This position reports to Magna, UT, USA, however, this position can also be worked from Corinne, UT, USA.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia