Senior Principal Technical Development Specialist
Requisition ID: R10045061
- Category: Human Resources
Location: McLean, VA, USA | Fairfax, VA, USA +1 more
- Citizenship Required: None
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes- May Consider Full Time Teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
The Defense Systems Organization Effectiveness team is seeking a Senior Principal Technical Development Specialist to lead efforts to assess, develop, and deliver business- focused technical development solutions. The successful candidate will collaborate within HR, liaise with technical leaders, and consult across business lines to build technical capability across Defense Systems. This position will be located in McLean, VA. This position can also support a full time teleworker.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Consult with key stakeholders assess and analyze current and anticipated technical skill needs. Assesses critical business needs and designs organization development and strategic plans to enhance performance.
- Collaborate with technical subject matter experts and apply instructional design methodologies and adult learning theories to design and implement development solutions
- Determine learning measurement approach and collect, analyze, and evaluate development effectiveness; make appropriate recommendations.
- Represent Defense Systems with the enterprise technical talent team and support implementation of development activities aligned with the enterprise technical development strategy.
- Partner with talent management to build, develop, and retain a deep, diverse leadership and technical talent pipeline.
- Stay abreast of training and development research, theories, methodologies, and techniques. Demonstrate the ability to apply concepts and theories to develop practical solutions that can be implemented with positive business outcomes.
- Superior relationship building and interpersonal skills and ability to manage multiple priorities/clients is essential
- Demonstrated success translating HR, OE, and Organization Development (OD) concepts and tools to business solutions and outcomes for sustainable business differentiation in the marketplace
- Prior experience working in highly technical organization
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning and agility to adapt to shifting priorities and navigating ambiguous situations
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to present to all levels of leadership including senior executives
- Must have a high school diploma or GED with a minimum 14 plus years of relevant experience in organization development consulting, learning and development, adult learning, or HR field
- Will also consider:
- Bachelor's degree with 10 plus years of relevant experience in organization development consulting, learning and development, adult learning, or HR field
- Master’s degree with 8 plus years of relevant experience in organization development consulting, learning and development, adult learning, or HR field
- Master’s degree in a related field
This position reports to McLean, VA, USA, however, this position can also be worked from Fairfax, VA, USA.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia