IT Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: R10045524
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Melbourne, FL, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman IT Solutions team is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in Melbourne, FL in support of the E2 program.
This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or a level 4, depending on the candidate’s education and experience.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Develop / deliver of the overall Information Technology (IT) technical baseline and system design, including delivery to the customer. This includes, but is not limited to, planning, design, development, integration, testing, production release to the business, operations / sustainment.
· Interface with project managers, architects, technical specialists, customers regularly.
· Communicate with a technical team and a customer team throughout the project lifecycle.
· Ability to travel as business needs dictate.
· Possess an active DOD Secret or higher security clearance or Active DOD within the last 24 months and must be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance. Further, the candidate’s clearance must be able to meet the government customer’s criteria for working on their program.
· Demonstrate strong foundational expertise in Information Technologies with subject matter expertise in at least two of the following areas:
· Data Center designs and solutions, including on-premises and co-location solutions.
· Data center infrastructure including server hardware, storage, backup technologies, networks;
· Server / storage / networking / client virtualization solutions;
· Operating Systems and application software including supporting database technologies;
· Application development and lifecycle management
· Software as a service;
· Cloud technologies including external public / private cloud solutions / on-premises solutions
· Information Security
· Business Analytics
· Mobility solutions
Basic Qualifications for T03:
· To be considered for this position, the candidate must possess 5 years of IT Project Management, System Engineering or related IT experience with a BS degree in a STEM or Business focused discipline; also acceptable is 3 years or experience with a related Masters; or 0 years with PHD. In lieu of the education requirement, 9 years of relevant IT experience with at least 4 years in System Engineering.
Basic Qualifications for T04:
· To be considered for this position, the candidate must possess 9 years of IT Project Management, System Engineering or related IT experience with a BS degree in a STEM or Business focused discipline; also acceptable is 7 years or experience with a related Masters; or 4 years with PHD. In lieu of the education requirement, 13 years of relevant IT experience with at least 4 years in System Engineering.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
· Familiarity with the Systems Engineering “V” and all phases of its lifecycle.
· Familiarity with standard Systems Engineering product lifecycle processes or equivalent software development lifecycle processes, NGC security requirements, services and enterprise solutions.
· Technical experience with Northrop Grumman SAP, Manufacturing Execution Systems, Engineering Solutions, Product Line Engineering, TeamCenter Enterprise, Mobile Applications, Extranet Solutions, or Collaboration Solutions.
· Demonstrated experience with or functional understanding of SCRUM, Extreme Programming Agile Methodologies, or Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
· Demonstrated experience with and/or functional understanding of Model-Based Systems Engineering in at least one modeling language (SySML, UML, and/or DODAF).
· Trade Study leadership experience to support the evaluation of next-generation technologies, which will be utilized across our products.
· Excellent communication skills, including good customer relationship management.
· Ability to work well in a team environment, including strong leadership / team building skills.
· Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and deadlines simultaneously.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia