GSSC Systems Engineering Manager 2- 7451
Requisition ID: R10046125
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Ogden, UT, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Systems Engineering Manager 2 for the Materials and Environmental engineering teams. This position will be located in Ogden, Utah and will support the Minuteman III Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) weapon system and other nuclear weapon systems under development by the Air Force.
What You'll Get To Do:
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems with a focus on AF ICBM systems parts, materials, and environmental engineering areas. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance, and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Job Duties: Manage and provide technical leadership/oversight for a team of engineers supporting sustainment and modernization of the Air Force ICBM fleet. This is a dual role encompassing both functional management and technical performance within a program. The team conducts parts, materials, corrosion, and environmental engineering evaluations of the design, operation, and maintenance of electrical, mechanical, propulsion, transportation & handling, nuclear command & control, software, and communications subsystems. The team also provides technical support to the AF ICBM System Parts, Corrosion and Environmental teams. Duties include team task management, external and internal customer interface, budget planning and management, team engagement activities, and staff performance and goal evaluation, team technical work product review and feedback, and team recruiting/hiring support. Duties also include senior level technical performer work in the parts, materials, or environmental engineering domain.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university with 6 years of relevant engineering experience
- 1 year experience leading projects or cross-functional teams
- Experience with one or more of the following: DoD and AF Parts, Materials, Corrosion and Environmental policy and processes
- Must be a US Citizen able to obtain and maintain an active Secret Clearance
- ICBM work experience, particularly related to ICBM Parts, Materials, and Environmental analysis
- 6 years experience leading projects or cross-functional teams
- Experience with DoD, and AF Environmental compliance and processes
- Experience developing Parts, Materials & Processes Plans (PMPP)
- Experience with parts counterfeit detection/avoidance mitigation and obsolescence mitigation
- Excellent technical writing skills
- An Active Top Secret Security Clearance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia