Mgr Sys Engineering 3 – Sustainment SEIT Lead
Requisition ID: R10046399
- Category: Engineering
Location: Oklahoma City, OK, USA | Palmdale, CA, USA +1 more
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems is seeking a successful candidate to fill a Systems Engineering, Integration, and Test (SEIT) Lead role for the B-2 program within the Sustainment IPT. Responsible for working with an integrated product team (IPT) structure to perform technical planning, design, execution, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
Reports directly to the B-2 Chief Engineer, and also reports to the Program Manager. The position can be located in Oklahoma City, OK, Palmdale, CA, or Rancho Bernard, CA with responsibilities including (but not limited to) the following:
- Task manager for cross-functional Engineering Team comprised of Systems Engineering, System Test, Software, Avionics, Vehicle Engineering, Survivability and Product Support Engineering for B-2 hardware sustainment activities.
- Is the technical conscience of the program and ensures horizontal integration of all functions flow through Enterprise Engineering Leads.
- Is responsible for assuring B-2 hardware sustainment project plans and initiatives align with and achieve the program strategic plans. Responsible for requirements, verification plans, approaches, sell off, and/or acquisition milestone criteria.
- Must be familiar with Cost-Plus and Fixed Price development and integration. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Must be familiar with managing suppliers and working with supplier management teams and Global Supply Chain partners.
- Must be comfortable briefing Government and Northrop Grumman leadership on technical progress, risks, issues, and opportunities.
- The SEIT Lead will ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- The SEIT Lead conducts and oversees functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into lower level specifications.
- The ability to bring Agile development practices to sustainment activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university with 10 years of experience; Master’s Degree in STEM with 8 years of experience or PhD with 5 years of experience.
- Successful experience in planning, risk management, and/or project performance addressing cost, schedule, and technical quality.
- Experience on a large system development-type contract.
- Understanding of the application and development of functional and physical architectures, interfaces, and requirements in large systems.
- Current in-scope active final DoD Secret Security Clearance with ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret Security Clearance.
- Master’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university with 10 years of experience or PhD with 7 years of experience.
- Successful experience in modernization or sustainment planning, risk management, and project performance addressing cost, schedule, and technical quality
- Proven experience in managing modernization or sustainment programs, setting & operating to objectives & providing guidance to subordinates based on goals, objectives & company policy.
- Logistics/Sustainment experience in a military environment
- Experience in developing and managing Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) elements on a large system development-type contract or full responsibility for all aspects of program performance on a large technical services-type contract.
- Understanding of the application and development of functional and physical architectures, interfaces, and requirements in large systems, using SysML/UML and requirements management tools such as Cameo, and DOORS.
- Preference in knowledge / experience of B-2 operational CONOPS
- Successful experience in B-2 upgrade or modification programs
- Experience in the military aerospace development environment
- Current DoD Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance
- Active B-2 technical experience and program clearances
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
This position reports to Oklahoma City, OK, USA, however, this position can also be worked from Palmdale, CA, USA.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia