Associate Industrial Engineer
Requisition ID: R10047563
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Palmdale, CA, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Associate Industrial Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in Palmdale, CA
This job is located in Palmdale, CA- Analyzes and designs sequence of operations and work flow to improve efficiencies in plant and production facilities and equipment layouts; and establishes methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel. May establish or assist in establishing accident prevention measures and may manage training programs for personnel concerning all phases of production operations. Conducts studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems. On the basis of these studies, develops and implements plans and programs for facility modifications and revisions to operating methods. May assist facilities engineers in the planning and design of facilities.
- Helps determine the most efficient sequence of operations and work flow and provides finite scheduling to manufacturing cost centers and IPTs Maintains datasets and generates metrics that provide for the measurement of program & functional schedule & cost performance.
- Develops and deploys plans that ensure the timely availability and effective utilization of labor, facilities, equipment, & tooling resources enabling the achievement of program delivery and cost milestones.
- Develops and summarizes analyses for the acquisition, maintenance & enhancement of capital assets and miscellaneous equipment. Plans plant, office, and production facilities and equipment layouts Provides capacity planning and rate tool analyses Conducts studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction and inventory control
Basic Qualifications: Associate Industrial Engineer
- Bachelor Degree with 0 or more years related experience in industrial, data or engineering
- Ability to obtain and Maintain a DoD Clearance
- Military Aircraft Operations Experience
- Documented experience working in a robust IPT environment
- At least 1 year of demonstrated manufacturing experience
- Strong expertise using the full suite of Microsoft Office Tools
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia