Aircraft Inspector 2
Requisition ID: R10044908
- Category: Flight Operations
- Location: Palmdale, CA, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Any (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 10
Inspects aircraft components, parts, and sub-assemblies for operation and conformance to government and/or company standards and specifications. Inspects the adjustments, repairs, or modifications made to aircraft components, sub-assemblies and final product. Will monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures. May communicate directly with customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems sector is seeking an Aircraft Inspector 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located in Palmdale, CA. Telecommute/remote is not an option for this position. The inspector may be required to work second shift and weekends as needed throughout the year.
The inspector supports test personnel to ensure compliance with documented processes and procedures. The inspector will:
- Participate in pre-test activities such as review of test plan and test procedure documentation
- Verify that all pre-test readiness activities are complete
- Assess readiness to enter formal test events
- Ensure the physical and digital test environment and configuration (e.g., lab, computers, hardware, firmware, software, versions, checksums, etc.) is consistent with the documented configuration
- Witness testing to ensure approved test procedures are executed as written
- Ensure all defects and anomalies are documented
- Ensure all documentation is complete (logbooks, forms etc.) in accordance with prescribed procedures
- Verify that test results are documented
- Participate in post-test activities such as review of test report documentation and collection of test metrics
- Identify quality problems and recommends solutions
- Ensure equipment is properly calibrated and damaged items are properly dispositioned
- High School diploma or equivalent and 2 years additional education and/or related experience
- The ability to obtain/maintain program access
- Familiarity with aircraft/control element/lab unit screen verification
- Current program PAR
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia