Mgr Engineering 3
Requisition ID: R10046652
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Patuxent River, MD, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems (NGAS) has an exciting career opportunity for a Ground Test Operations Manager Level 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in support of the MQ-4C Triton program test activities. This position will be located at NAS (Naval Air Station) Patuxent River, MD.
The Triton Integrated Test Team (ITT) is seeking a candidate to fill a dual role Ground Operations Manager and Section Manager position and lead a team of approximately 40 personnel responsible for aircraft modifications and ground operations.
The Ground Operations Manager is directly responsible for a diverse team performing modifications, ground operations/test on three Triton MQ-4B air vehicles (worth over $600M) in order to conduct full spectrum system testing for the US Navy. This leader will be responsible for the direction of Air Vehicle Coordinators, Ground Segment, Logistics, Maintenance, and Field Team support that will be supplementing the ITT during major aircraft modifications to the air vehicles. This Ground Ops Manager will also have cost, schedule, and performance responsibility to the Pax River Contractor Flight Test Director (CFTD) and Triton System Test & Evaluation (ST&E) IPT Director. He/she drives operations strategy, schedules, and execution to support major program milestones, and is responsible for T&E efforts by subcontractors supporting the Triton ITT. Finally, he/she is responsible for maintaining a safe work environment for all personnel and for ensuring process adherence.
This position supports the Triton ITT at NAS Pax River and reports to leadership within the teams’ contractor and government organization. Preferred candidates will be highly experienced with unmanned aircraft ground test operations and aircraft modification. Candidates must be able to understand the roles of the supporting departments required to execute flight test within a US Navy integrated team. Candidates must be able to provide leadership and direction to a large, diverse team of engineers and technicians. Candidates must be capable of supporting business development activities, support proposals (generate schedules and cost estimates), and support program reviews. Candidates must be capable of being responsible for cost, schedule, and technical performance for various test activities executed within the IPT. This includes management of budgets and using EVMS reporting tools, accountable for cost, schedule, and reporting any variances.
The Section Manager responsibilities includes performing functional homeroom duties such as attending functional staff meetings, management of personnel (performance reviews, goal setting & coaching), coordination of job assignments, staffing, recruiting, developing process improvement plans and providing input, guidance and review for policies, processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university with 9 years of test experience or; Master’s Degree in STEM with 7 years of test experience
- Prior Leadership experience
- Experience with aircraft ground operations
- Experience with EVMS concepts
- Must have an Interim DOD Top Secret clearance with an investigation in the last 6 years with the ability to obtain and retain a DOD Top Secret and SAP clearance
- Master’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university with 7 years of test experience
- Minimum of 10 years unmanned ground operations and aircraft modification experience
- DOD Top Secret clearance and the ability to obtain and retain a SAP clearance
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia