Sr./Prncpl Supply Chain Plng Spec
Requisition ID: R10035989
- Category: Global Supply Chain
- Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Defines and develops material strategy. Responsible for the assessment of supply resources; aggregates and prioritizes demand requirements; plans inventory, distribution requirements, production, material and rough-cut capacity for all products. Participates in make/buy process, long-term capacity and resource planning; product phase-in/phase-out, manufacturing ramp-up, end-of-life management and product-line management. Analyzes and aggregates supply / demand requirements. Analyzes purchase material supply/demand position using Material Requirements Planning (MRP) tools. Plans inventory levels based on dependent and independent Bill-of-Materials (BOM) requirements. Assesses rough-cut capacity for current and short-term manufacturing requirements. Creates/reduces supply requirements based on inventory adjustments. Participates in long-term capacity and resource planning to ensure proper scheduling of new product line phase-ins as well as existing product line phase-outs. Interfaces with Source process area regarding inventory levels, working capital and other areas as needed. Creates/releases requisitions. Receives/reviews requirements for non-standard parts. Analyzes lead times and identifies critical path procurements.
Basic qualifications for a level 3:
- Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of supply chain and/or business management or a Master’s Degree and 4+ years of supply chain and/or business management
Basic qualifications for a level 4:
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of supply chain and/or business management or a Master’s Degree and 8+ years of supply chain and/or business management
Both levels must have:
- U.S. Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Clearance
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite with expertise in MS Excel
- Proficient in the use of SAP
- Demonstrate success in managing complex problems related to program execution
- Financial background
- Program Management Team
- Earned Value Management, Return To Greens, Forecasting and Variance Analysis
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia