Mission Assurance Manager 2
Requisition ID: R10035443
- Category: Mission and Quality Assurance
- Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: Days (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Marine Systems is seeking a Mission Assurance Manager 2 to lead mission assurance, quality engineering, and product assurance in support of Marine Systems Business Unit operations in Philadelphia, PA. The manager should be knowledgeable of aerospace and/or military quality and mission excellence processes and requirements.
As a key leader, partner and essential member of the Marine Systems Business Unit Quality & Mission Excellence and onsite leadership teams, the Manager 2 will lead a high performing team of quality engineers, quality analysts and product assurance personnel to support company operations and achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provides overall management of the Philadelphia Quality & Mission Excellence department by setting and operating to objectives, and providing guidance to direct reports based on goals, objectives, and company policy
- Collaborates with Engineering, Manufacturing, Supplier Performance Management/Supplier Quality and Global Supply Chain to ensure quality is inherent in every requirement, design, work product, and end-product delivered by Northrop Grumman
- Engages on the shop floor and in work activities to provide direct support as needed while additionally coaching and mentoring facility personnel in quality methods and procedures
- Establishes and manages performance metrics to facilitate continuous improvement activities
- Establishes and maintains compliance with Quality Management System (QMS) policies, procedures, and processes to ensure the performance and quality of products conform to established standards, specifications and customer requirements
- Leads root cause and corrective action analyses (RCCA) and failure investigations for high impact issues and teaches/coaches/mentors personnel in use of RCCA for lower level issues
- Leads efforts to identify and mitigate quality and performance risks using advanced product quality planning (APQP) methods, FMEAs, and early design and supplier engagement
- Ensures compliance through establishment and execution of internal surveillances and audits
- Provides performance reviews and periodic feedback for all direct reports
- Develops and operates within departmental budgets for indirect costs and overhead
- Manages program budgets, schedules, program EACs and performance using Earned Value Management for the quality scope on programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field plus at least 8 years related work experience or equivalent additional experience
- Excellent oral and written communication, data analysis and problem solving skills
- Extensive prior work experience in the application of quality principles and practices (e.g., quality engineering, inspection, material review, etc.) related to the engineering and manufacture of machinery and structures
- Ability to successfully engage on the shop floor to provide solutions and coach and mentor others in the use of quality principles and practices
- Ability to establish and maintain comprehensive quality management systems
- Experience conducting or managing internal audits
- Ability to document, plan and manage projects
- Demonstrated problems solving skills in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal oversight and in a multi-discipline team environment, providing insight and solutions to complicated technical issues
- Experience with Earned Value Management.
- Able to work and lead effectively in a team setting
- Proficient with MS office
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel
- Ability to obtain a DOD security clearance
- Experience with ISO 9001 or AS9100 based quality management systems
- Experience with NDT inspection
- Experience with supplier quality and risk reduction
- Experience applying advanced product quality planning
- Prior Navy submarine power and propulsion systems experience
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia