Senior Principal System Test Lead for Advanced Weapons
Requisition ID: R10046927
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Redondo Beach, CA, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Senior Principal System Test Lead for the Advanced Weapons Campaign to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals within our South Bay Aircraft Design Center organization. This role is located in Redondo Beach, California.
As a System Test Lead, you will be responsible for defining and executing ground and flight tests campaigns for air launched and air-breathing weapons.
- Plan and execute system level I-III, ground, and flight test programs for air-launched/air-breathing weapons.
- Develop Verification Cross Reference Matrices (VCRM).
- Writing test plans, procedures, and reports.
- Responsible for Platform/Store electrical and physical integration and testing.
- Perform trade studies, and support design, analysis and operation of miniaturized airborne instrumentation and telemetry systems.
- Lead and support Flight Termination System (FTS) design and analysis. Understand, derive, and maintain requirements from Range Commanders Council (RCC) documentation and RCC-319 tailoring process.
- Lead flight certification (Airworthiness) process(es) for airborne stores (Seek Eagle, DARPA, FAA) on DoD and commercial aircraft.
- Lead/support system safety, mishap risk identification and mitigation processes.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) with 9 years of related engineering experience; OR a Master’s degree in STEM with 7 years of related engineering experience, or a PhD in STEM with 4 years of related engineering experience.
- Must have an active DoD Secret or higher clearance.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) clearance.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a STEM discipline, or Aeronautical Engineering.
- Current Special Access Program (SAP).
- Experience with Company and DoD explosives/munitions handling, transportation, and storage logistics.
- Knowledge of Stores Management Systems (SMS)/ Suspension and Release Equipment (S&RE), Universal Armament Interface (UAI), MIL-STD-1760, MIL-STD-8591, MIL-HDBK-1763, etc.
- Familiarity with IADS software and IRIG-106 standards.
- Experience with Airworthiness processes: MIL-HDBK-516C (section 17) and AFI63-104.
- Experience with MIL-STD-882E and Non-Nuclear Munitions Safety Board (NNMSB).
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
We offer flexible work arrangements, 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, phenomenal learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia