Senior Principal Systems Engineer
Requisition ID: R10046962
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Redondo Beach, CA, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
The Aeronautics Systems Engineering department is looking for a Senior Principal Systems Engineers to help us shape the future of the sector, the company, and our customers. We work in conjunction with Northrop’s Research and Advanced Design (R&AD) organization to evaluate the performance of new and existing system designs in a representative operational environment. Our work influences the investment decisions of our senior leadership and customer program offices. The Systems Engineering Department frequently collaborates across functional disciplines (e.g. Modeling and Simulation, Aerospace Engineering, Software Engineering, etc.) offering a unique opportunity to obtain a broad understanding of many areas on developing a deep expertise in any one of the relevant fields.
We are looking for innovative thinkers to add systems engineering rigor to programs within the R&AD portfolios, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and are comfortable with multi-tasking, building PowerPoint charts, prioritizing tasks, giving verbal presentations, and self-educating without directions. The candidate must have a firm understanding of traditional systems engineering concepts and methodologies, and must be able to apply and adjust these concepts and methodologies to an accelerated process in any stages of the engineering design. The candidate must familiar with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), be able to work within an agile environment, and be an “out of the box” thinker. Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility.
· Participation in architecture definition and complex system problem solving in support of Research and Advanced Design programs
· Development of detailed design requirements, requirements traceability, and subsystem level connectivity that is suitable for early stages of the program that is focused on prototyping new technologies
· Designs, develops, and documents systems that contain logical solutions using Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
· Collaborate with Program leadership and with the customer to shape requirements.
· Generating and presenting material to support internal and external customer briefings
· A Bachelors in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) and at least 9 years of engineering related experience, or a Master's in STEM 7 years of engineering related experience, or a PhD in STEM and 4 years of engineering related experience
· Active DOD Secret security clearance or higher, and ability to obtain Special Program Access
· Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary, and team oriented environment
· Experience with Cameo modeling for system design
· Strong oral and written communications skills
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia