Principal Engineer Quality
Requisition ID: R10044143
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Rolling Meadows, IL, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Principal Quality Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Rolling Meadows, IL location. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Production Quality Assurance team that interacts with Suppliers, Program Quality Engineers and Manufacturing Operations on products to meet our customer’s mission needs. The candidate must have the ability to lead the Vendor Material Disposition Area (VMDA) process as it relates to the Receiving Inspection area for processing material across all product lines.
The candidate must have the ability to read / interpret engineering drawings, assembly inspection instructions and must be able to use all types of inspection tools.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support for the Rolling Meadows Receiving Inspection VMDA area for supplier non-conforming supplier received material
- Evaluates and reports on incoming material, develops and maintains metrics for monthly reporting.
- Interfaces with the supplier mission assurance team to ensure identified program issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Works with the team to establish root cause on identified issues and ensures corrective and preventive actions are documented, implemented, and verified effective.
- Coordinates efforts to ensure the quality engineering team meets goals and closes actions on time.
- Conduct audits/assessments to ensure effective processes are well documented and updated as needed
- Supports the teams Continuous Improvement activities
- Principal Engineer: Bachelor's degree in a related STEM field and 5+ years of relevant experience (MS Degree + 3+ years; PhD + 1+ years)
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- Solid written and verbal interpersonal, communication skills
- Ability to coordinate customer communications across multiple programs
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams to resolve problems or issues
- Manufacturing or Quality Assurance Experience
- Trained and experienced in performing Root Cause Corrective Action
- Experience working with electrical or mechanical design requirements and specifications
- Participate in corrective action boards using analytic techniques to identify trends in manufacturing
- Experience with SAP
- Experience working with manufacturing and/or integration and test
- Experience with AS9100/ISO9001 Quality Management
- Have experience in quality planning
- Mentor lesser experienced engineers on areas of manufacturing
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia