Associate Software Engineer
Requisition ID: R10053453
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Rolling Meadows, IL, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
We are looking for you to join our team as an Associate Software Engineer based out of Rolling Meadows, IL.
As an Associate Software Engineer at Northrop Grumman you will have a challenging and rewarding opportunity to be a part of our Enterprise-wide digital transformation. Through the use of Model-based Engineering, DevSecOps and Agile practices we continue to evolve how we deliver critical national defense products and capabilities for the warfighter. Our success is grounded in our ability to embrace change, move quickly and continuously drive innovation. The successful candidate will be collaborative, open, transparent and team-oriented with a focus on team empowerment and shared responsibility, flexibility, continuous learning and a culture of automation.
Northrop Grumman is looking to add to our talented team of Embedded Software Engineers. Our engineers are self-starters who are part of a team of software professionals developing world-class software to meet our customer’s high expectations. The Embedded Software Engineer designs, develops, operates and maintains software and firmware components and computing systems software to be applied to and integrated with engineering, scientific and manufacturing requirements. Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of engineering applications and products such as laboratory electronic warfare (EW) and Range training and simulation systems. Interfaces with customers, suppliers, application users and other technical and support personnel. The ideal individual will have experience including the full software development life-cycle, which includes: requirements, design, coding, testing, and integration.
Basic Qualifications for Associate Software Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field with 0-2 years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience with project configuration management in Git or ClearCase.
- Knowledge in programming embedded software using: Object Oriented design principles in C++
- Knowledge in operating system concepts for embedded systems
- Ability to test, debug and integrate on embedded systems
- Familiarity in using requirement management, configuration management and change management tools.
- Secret clearance required to start.
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as: Python, Linux shell scripting.
- Familiarity on complex systems of systems utilizing parallel processing, distributed processing, multi-core, secure processing.
- Familiarity using Model Based Engineering, UML, OOAD and OOP
- Familiarity with Agile and/or Rapid prototyping software methodologies
- Differentiating characteristics include: demonstrated leadership and teamwork capability, interpersonal communication skills and activities (professional/community/extracurricular) and an enthusiastic go-getter attitude.
- Familiarity with Github/Jira
- Understands polymorphism/abstraction, modular design
- Experience with multi-threading
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia