GBSD – Principal Systems Engineer – Requirements Management – 6529
Requisition ID: R10043072
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, UT, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer to join the Command and Launch Team. This position is located in Roy, UT and supports the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program.
What You’ll Get To Do:
• Implement and manage system requirements in the Requirements Management databases. Facilitate stake holder reviews; adjudicate and resolve comments; support review board release process.
• Revise and manage both original and revised specification/interface definition document and expedite documents through signature approval process.
• Work closely with Architecture team to ensure requirements and architecture models are in alignment
• Participate in team agile work management process
• Provide data to risk management (identifies potential risks) and trade study processes.
• Support system design, data analyses, interface verification, testing, failure/anomaly resolution and mission operations.
• Attend and prepare materials for presentation during Technical reviews. (System Requirement Review, System Functional Review, Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review and System Verification Review).
• Support trade studies, system sensitivity studies, design optimization studies, system performance assessments, system design assessments, Operations Analysis work such as mission analysis and timelines and concept of operations development
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
•Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) discipline and 5 years of experience; 3 years with Master’s Degree; 0 years with PhD
•Experience performing systems engineering or technical project management
•Experience with problem resolution and improvement recommendations
•Active DoD Secret clearance, granted or re-investigated within last 6 years
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
•Experience with Agile/DevOps methodologies, practices, and tools
•Prior Weapon System program experience
•General understanding of Northrop Grumman Corporation Engineering Processes
•Excellent communication, mentoring, interpersonal skills, and ability to interface with senior management, peers, and employees
•An active DoD Top Secret clearance in scope (investigation within the last 6 years) and SAP/SAR program access
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia