Sentinel (GBSD) – Principal Systems Engineer – 7441
Requisition ID: R10047701
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Roy, UT, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal Systems Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Sentinel (GBSD) program. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What You’ll Get To Do:
Successful candidates will support integration and test of element level requirements. Includes verification and validation in support of multiple product team disciplines within command and launch. The selected engineer will be experienced working DOD developmental test or familiar with Northrop Grumman processes.
This position includes:
• Model Based System Engineering with an understanding of DODAF and SysML
• Understanding of testing methodologies to assist with the validation of test cases
• Ability to derive requirements from high level requirements
• Generation of applicable documentation and presentations
• Interfacing with customers, program management and technical staff
• Problem resolution and improvement recommendations
• Author test plans and reports
• Product integration, regression, and verification testing including checkout in system test labs.
• Short and long term integration planning and execution of multiple concurrent baselines. This include integrating subsystem functionality into system capabilities per design with an emphasis on system stability and performance
• Occasional travel to Northrop Grumman and Government locations within the United States
• The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- BS in Engineering or STEM plus 2 years related experience, Masters with 0 years of related experience.
- Understanding of systems engineering principles and processes
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Top Secret security clearance, to include a Single Scope Background Investigation, a periodic reinvestigation, or an original adjudication date completed within the last 6 years
- Excellent technical writing skills, and team building skills
- Subcontractor technical oversight experience
- Agile experience
- Model Based System Engineering with an understanding of DODAF and SysML
- Proficiency in DOORS and Cameo
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia