Sentinel (GBSD) – Risk and Opportunity Manager 2 – 3296-1
Requisition ID: R10041886
- Category: Program Management
- Location: Roy, UT, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Risk and Opportunity Manager 2. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Sentinel (GBSD) program. Learn more about the Sentinel program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force’s sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What you will get to do:
- Responsible for leading a team in the definition, planning, organizing, directing and controlling risk and opportunity management efforts.
- Evaluates and approves risk and opportunity handling approaches, mitigation plans and approves opportunity exploitation plans.
- Coordinates with suppliers, vendors, higher level managers, and external Customers on general risk and opportunity metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of the risk and opportunity management process and procedures.
- Assures integration of the EVMS process with the risk and opportunity management process.
- Informs and advises higher level management on critical project risks and mitigations.
- Facilitate meetings and coordinate risks within a program.
- Leads business development and proposal teams through Acquisition Key Decision Point milestones within the risk and opportunity management area
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science and 6 years of related program management experience.
- Active Secret clearance adjudicated within the last 5 years with the ability to obtain SAP.
- 1 year experience leading a project and/or driving performance against schedule
- 1 year of direct experience in the development of risk and mitigation plans.
- Proven IPT and/or Project Management experience achieving mission commitments across multiple phases of program lifecycle
- Experience in large program execution and demonstrated ability to meet program technical, cost, and schedule milestones
- Demonstrated ability to create trusted relationships with customers, suppliers, and internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex teams comprised of engineering, business, contracts, supply chain, production and mission/quality assurance disciplines
- Proven ability to lead a high performing team with evidence of being able to create an inclusive work environment that attracts, retains and inspires diverse and engaged teams
- Proven ability to deliver effective communication verbally, written, and through well-crafted presentations across all levels of an organization
- Experience with customer relationship management
- Leadership experience in effective change management
- Conflict management and negotiation skills
- Experience with risk, issue, and opportunity management
- Demonstrated ability to make tough decisions
- Master’s Degree in STEM discipline or MBA from an accredited university
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia