GBSD (Sentinel) – Data Analytics Manager 3 – 7133
Requisition ID: R10041892
- Category: Program Management
- Location: Roy, UT, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
- Positions Available: 1
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Data Analytics Manager 3. This position will be located in Roy, Utah and will support the Sentinel (GBSD) program. Learn more about the Sentinel program here. Northrop Grumman supports the Air Force’s sustainment, development, production and deployment of hardware and system modifications for Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Ground and Airborne Launch Control Systems, Launch Facilities and associated infrastructure.
What you will get to do:
- Build and develop a world class team leveraging a strong foundation already in place
- Support requirements capture, design and technical implementation of initiatives related to Data Analytics
- Manage capacity, priorities, and performance for a team of Data Engineers, Business Intelligence Engineers, and Data Scientists
- Develop solutions in collaboration with customers and platform architects to support customer needs.
- Actively engage with customers and stakeholders to ensure services are delivered to meet or exceed expectations in a highly complex and dynamic environment
- Develop vision and execution strategy for data and analytics
- Provide resources to make data and analytics staff more successful
- Establish best practices for data and analytics execution
- Develop data and analytics talent pipeline
- Advise leadership team on data and analytics value, opportunities, and strategy
- Build a culture around data sharing, information governance, and analytic literacy
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This positions standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Engineering or related field and 8 years of experience.
- Active Secret clearance adjudicated within the last 5 years with the ability to obtain SAP.
- 3 years in a formal management position to include performance reviews for direct reports.
- 3 years of experience in Data management, Data Engineering, or Data Science
- Understanding of backend data pipelines
- Understanding of data visualization and exploitation
- Passion for being at the leading edge of Technology with hands-on software development or Analytics experience
- Significant experience with data analytics and data science tools and techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for varied audiences on analytical subject matter
- Experience in business process improvement methodologies, tools, and techniques
- Significant experience in identifying and driving operational/organizational change and excellence
- Proven people management experience leading an organization
- Demonstrated experience leading positive change, empowering people, cultivating product/technology visions and innovative solutions, and fostering effective engineering teams
- Demonstrated ability to transform business requirements to specific analytical tools
- Experience with Agile development and methodologies and SaaS technologies
- Master's degree in a STEM or other relevant project management field
- Experience with concepts such as: Data Catalog, Data Warehouse, Common Data Model, Data Architecture
- Experience with SSIS, Denodo, Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI and Cloud Analytics Services in AWS/Azure.
- Experience with predictive modeling and artificial intelligence
- Northrop Grumman cybersecurity standards and practices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral, and presentation).
- Understanding of Northrop Grumman policy, process, and products.
- Proven ability to lead, motivate, and inspire a diverse team.
- Ability to make decisions with minimal support.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia