Production Controller 2
Requisition ID: R10052180
- Category: Manufacturing and Production
- Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: None
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Positions Available: 1
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman manufactures some of the world’s most technically advanced products. Our manufacturing plants are highly-automated, cutting-edge centers of excellence where employees leverage the latest technology, including the strategic use of automation, 3-D printing and robotics. There are a myriad of job functions associated with the manufacture of our products that range from machinists, engineers, operation program managers, and quality inspectors.
Our mission is to deliver differentiated value to our programs, by manufacturing products with the highest possible quality at the most affordable rate. Search our current job openings and join us to be at the front line of innovation.
The Operations, Planning, and Control (OPC) team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Production Controller 2 based out of Salt Lake City, UT.
What You’ll get to Do:
• Maintain schedules for material requirements and availability for the manufacture of industrial and commercial products to support production control.
• Compile records concerning quantity, cost, and type of material received, shipped, in stock or inventory, and/or in production.
• Expedite flow of materials, parts, and assemblies within or between departments in accordance with production and shipping schedules.
• Assist in determining possible and actual shortages may initiate action to correct these deficiencies.
• Use knowledge of production, procurement, and engineering departments to alert proper authorities regarding potential problems and appropriate remedial action.
• Estimate and log production rate and time expenditures and may be required to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet shipping dates.
• High School Diploma/GED and 2 years additional education and/or experience.
• Functional understanding of Microsoft Office Products.
• Strong work ethic.
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Prior experience with SAP.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What's great about
- Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
- Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
- Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
- district of columbia
- new hampshire
- new jersey
- new mexico
- new york
- north carolina
- north dakota
- rhode island
- south carolina
- south dakota
- virgin islands
- west virginia